MacBook Pro Lemon Law
    I have a MacBook Pro and will be bringing it in for the same problem for the 3rd time now.

It's a graphical issue that has to do with the motherboard and/or the graphics card and so Apple replaces it.

My question is this: If this is the 3rd time I'm bringing it in for this same problem, am I entitled to a new computer via the lemon law of California?? (I have 1 more year on my applecare for my macbook pro)

This is a problem because I can't keep bringing my computer in and leaving it with them for 3-5 days every 3-4 months.

Does anyone know anything about the lemon law?

Specs:
    Unibody MBP
    I pushed Apple to replace an old Powerbook G4 because it would be cheaper for them rather than continuing the repairs. I would suggest calling Customer Relations and discussing the situation with them.
    www.tcphoto.org
    http://web.mac.com/tcphoto1/Fashion/Fashion.html
    Unibody MBP, iPhone, Canon 1DsII, Profoto and most important, Imagination!

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by airwalk331 View Post
    I have a MacBook Pro and will be bringing it in for the same problem for the 3rd time now.
    My question is this: If this is the 3rd time I'm bringing it in for this same problem, am I entitled to a new computer via the lemon law of California??
    No, there is nothing that states a manufacturer has to give you a new item.
    Repair is always an option. Replacement doesn't have to mean a brand-new computer, either. It would be perfectly fine for them to give you a refurbished system, under the CA Lemon Law.

Basically, all it does state is that a consumer is protected from any expense that might be incurred while having a warranty-covered product replaced or repaired, no matter how many times it needs it (while under warranty).

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by airwalk331 View Post

It's a graphical issue that has to do with the motherboard and/or the graphics card and so Apple replaces it.

My question is this: If this is the 3rd time I'm bringing it in for this same problem, am I entitled to a new computer via the lemon law of California?? (I have 1 more year on my applecare for my macbook pro)

This is a problem because I can't keep bringing my computer in and leaving it with them for 3-5 days every 3-4 months.

Does anyone know anything about the lemon law?
    Apple is usually pretty fair about replacement laptops. If the repairs are approaching the point where it's cheaper to get a new one...make sure they are aware of this...and press them on it!

- Nick

Thread Information