Exclamation macbook pro 15" screen problem
    The other day i turned on my laptop only to hear the sound of the machine starting(the welcome tone) but no image. If i leave the computer on it will become very hot, yet still no image. so i tried letting the batter die completely then recharged it. turned it on the following day and it worked fine, when i was done doing my normal operations i closed the lid(as i normally do for later use) and went about my day. came back to it several hours opened the lid only to find the screen would not turn on again. So i tried the same thing last night till today but no screen. any ideas??

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesk8r View Post
    The other day i turned on my laptop only to hear the sound of the machine starting(the welcome tone) but no image. If i leave the computer on it will become very hot, yet still no image. so i tried letting the batter die completely then recharged it. turned it on the following day and it worked fine, when i was done doing my normal operations i closed the lid(as i normally do for later use) and went about my day. came back to it several hours opened the lid only to find the screen would not turn on again. So i tried the same thing last night till today but no screen. any ideas??
    This may seen silly...but is the brightness on your laptop display turned all the way down?

- Nick

Myself.

I thought I had lost my screen when the problem was that the brightness was all the way down. Cheap fix.

i wish that were the case....... because it worked right off the bat when it was turned on the other day, it was the first thing i checked

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Make sure you try adjusting the brightness with and without the fn key.

If it's a no-go, give Apple a call.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

tried it.thanks

didnt work

Specs:
    Home-Macbook 13" Work-G5
    I'm having a similar problem with my 13". I turn the Macbook on, and I can tell that it's running, but no screen. I noticed that with the light just right, I could see the picture on the screen, it just has no backlighting. To make things more confusing, if you slowly close the screen, when you get to a certain angle, the screen lights up, but it will only stay lit when the screen is a one particular angle, nearly closed. Has anybody seen anything like this before?

(Moderators: I hope I'm not breaking forum rules, I'm not trying to threadjack, if I need to start another thread I will.)

Thread Information