New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - macbook pro 15" screen problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nemesk8r

nemesk8r is on a distinguished road

The other day i turned on my laptop only to hear the sound of the machine starting(the welcome tone) but no image. If i leave the computer on it will become very hot, yet still no image. so i tried letting the batter die completely then recharged it. turned it on the following day and it worked fine, when i was done doing my normal operations i closed the lid(as i normally do for later use) and went about my day. came back to it several hours opened the lid only to find the screen would not turn on again. So i tried the same thing last night till today but no screen. any ideas??
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesk8r View Post
The other day i turned on my laptop only to hear the sound of the machine starting(the welcome tone) but no image. If i leave the computer on it will become very hot, yet still no image. so i tried letting the batter die completely then recharged it. turned it on the following day and it worked fine, when i was done doing my normal operations i closed the lid(as i normally do for later use) and went about my day. came back to it several hours opened the lid only to find the screen would not turn on again. So i tried the same thing last night till today but no screen. any ideas??
This may seen silly...but is the brightness on your laptop display turned all the way down?

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks
Luke Bizzy

Luke Bizzy is on a distinguished road

Myself.

I thought I had lost my screen when the problem was that the brightness was all the way down. Cheap fix.
QUOTE Thanks
nemesk8r

i wish that were the case....... because it worked right off the bat when it was turned on the other day, it was the first thing i checked
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Make sure you try adjusting the brightness with and without the fn key.

If it's a no-go, give Apple a call.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
nemesk8r

tried it.thanks
QUOTE Thanks
nemesk8r

didnt work
QUOTE Thanks
Rocky F

Rocky F is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Home-Macbook 13" Work-G5

I'm having a similar problem with my 13". I turn the Macbook on, and I can tell that it's running, but no screen. I noticed that with the light just right, I could see the picture on the screen, it just has no backlighting. To make things more confusing, if you slowly close the screen, when you get to a certain angle, the screen lights up, but it will only stay lit when the screen is a one particular angle, nearly closed. Has anybody seen anything like this before?

(Moderators: I hope I'm not breaking forum rules, I'm not trying to threadjack, if I need to start another thread I will.)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Touchpad not responding to clicks, 3rd party usb mouse not working either | Wierd sound problem »