New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Buying a Mac Pro Notebook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chrissheehan

chrissheehan is on a distinguished road

I hope I have posted this in the right forum. I live in Australia and will be visiting Hawaii next month. I was hoping to purchase a MacBook Pro while there. Does anyone know if this is possible. Will it work in Australia and will it be easy to change the plug to fit Australian power outlets. Is it possible to contact the Apple store in Hawaii by email? Do I need to order in advance or should I be able to buy one off the shelf. Any help will be most appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
Mudbug

Mudbug is on a distinguished road

The power supply that connects the MacBook Pro to the electrical wall outlet will have to be changed. You can buy the Mac off the shelf. No advance order necessary

Check the apple store URL for any email addresses. There is more than one store in Hawaii.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

The MacBook Pro you purchase in Hawaii will work fine in Australia. Just ask the sales person for an international power adapter kit at the time of purchase. (extra cost) It comes with various plug adapters so that your new MBP can be used in Australia, Europe, and many other places around the world. The machine is designed to operate off AC main power from around 110V, 50 or 60 Hz to 240V, 50 or 60 Hz.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

It is only the 3 pin plug 2 pin plug requirement that is different and you will find them on ebay but be aware that some of the adaptors like this have a figure 8 shape while some are B shaped; if the power adaptor needs figure 8 shape and u buy B shaped it wont go in.

Click for full size
QUOTE Thanks
chrissheehan

chrissheehan is on a distinguished road

Thanks so much for all the help. Will look forward to getting my new Macbook in Hawaii.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook HDMI/DVI to TV Not Working! | differences between Series F and G displays? »