New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Just bought MBP....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dsantsche

dsantsche is on a distinguished road

I just bought a MBP 15inch 2.53ghz. First mac ever! I got it yesterday, but I have not open it yet, reason being I'm scared because I'm so excited I don't want to be disappointed. I have been hyping myself up for getting a mac since October of last year. I always told myself my sony vaio running on vista will be fine for the time being and it's best to just wait until apple launches a huge upgrade on the on there MBP. I finally had enough my vista suffering from bsod, and many other major problems that happens on a consist daily bases. So I finally bought my MBP.

Now, my concerns at the moment from purchasing the MBP, it's not going to live up to hype that I personally brought upon myself, and the possible price drop or an upgrade in the near future. Was it a good idea to buy the Mac now, or should I waited? Whats your thoughts on buying a MBP right now?
QUOTE Thanks
alexsd123

alexsd123 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13"

I think it was a good idea.

The newest edition of the MBP was released recently.

I think you are really going to enjoy it, just open it up and have fun!!
QUOTE Thanks
tenashus1

tenashus1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7

you're gonna love it! Happy, happy, joy, joy!
QUOTE Thanks
jrichard012

jrichard012 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP and iMac; 2 iPhones 4G; 2 iPADS.

Sometimes you gotta say WTF. You bought it to enjoy, not to stay in the box. Time to man-up and take the plunge. You will NEVER in a thousand years be sorry. These machines are the closest thing to perfection we mortals will every experience. Not overly biased, am I???
QUOTE Thanks
NICKST3R

NICKST3R will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13in 2.53GHz 4GB DDR3 RAM 250GB HDD and a turbocharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrichard012 View Post
Sometimes you gotta say WTF. You bought it to enjoy, not to stay in the box. Time to man-up and take the plunge. You will NEVER in a thousand years be sorry. These machines are the closest thing to perfection we mortals will every experience. Not overly biased, am I???
LOL not exactly. Coming from a PC, I am noticing quite a few compatability issues with my MBP that I got a couple weeks ago... My external monitor isn't being detected by my mac, it's a ***** trying to find a mouse that will work with my MBP without having to install any 3rd party software, the HDD has that infamous chirping noise whenever I pick it up/move it... So far, its been alright. I'm not as wowed as I thought I would be. The build quality of these machines amazes me, but the compatability issues are annoying. With a brand new DVI adapter, brand new monster DVI cable, and a monitor that works fine via VGA, there is no reason my MBP shouldn't work with it.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKST3R View Post
LOL not exactly. Coming from a PC, I am noticing quite a few compatability issues with my MBP that I got a couple weeks ago... My external monitor isn't being detected by my mac, it's a ***** trying to find a mouse that will work with my MBP without having to install any 3rd party software, the HDD has that infamous chirping noise whenever I pick it up/move it... So far, its been alright. I'm not as wowed as I thought I would be. The build quality of these machines amazes me, but the compatability issues are annoying. With a brand new DVI adapter, brand new monster DVI cable, and a monitor that works fine via VGA, there is no reason my MBP shouldn't work with it.
I seriously think that you are in the minority on this. Personally I have had no external monitor issues with my MBP...I have at least 5 different brand LCD monitors...and no issues.

As far as the mouse problem...ever think of using an Apple USB mouse or an Apple bluetooth mouse? I'm gonna guess that they are both pretty darn compatible!

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks
NICKST3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
I seriously think that you are in the minority on this. Personally I have had no external monitor issues with my MBP...I have at least 5 different brand LCD monitors...and no issues.

As far as the mouse problem...ever think of using an Apple USB mouse or an Apple bluetooth mouse? I'm gonna guess that they are both pretty darn compatible!

- Nick
Well I'm just explaining my experience with my first mac. If u know me personally u know that I have the worst luck in the world when it comes to..well..anything. I have used the mighty mouse before and I hated it. The right click isn't very responsive and my friend has reported the trackball craps out after a month. so thats a no-go. I'll probably be getting a logitech vx revolution to hold me off until some better/more bluetooth mice come out. After spending so much on a laptop, I'm realizing that I will have to spend even more $ just to get it to work the way I want it to... Maybe I'm being too nitpicky, but if I spend big $$$ on a laptop I expect it to be near perfect as u described lol.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKST3R View Post
I have used the mighty mouse before and I hated it. The right click isn't very responsive and my friend has reported the trackball craps out after a month. so thats a no-go.
Ooh believe me I'm no fan of the Mighty Mouse...I was simply addressing the statement that finding a compatible mouse was very very difficult.

A more accurate statement fitting your situation might be...It's very very tough to find a MBP compatible mouse that you like!

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks
NICKST3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Ooh believe me I'm no fan of the Mighty Mouse...I was simply addressing the statement that finding a compatible mouse was very very difficult.

A more accurate statement fitting your situation might be...It's very very tough to find a MBP compatible mouse that you like!

- Nick
exactly, buying a mouse is like buying a car. u gotta find the ONE. lol. Supposedly Microsoft makes some pretty good wireless mice. hmmm...choices choices...
QUOTE Thanks
Ballr24

Ballr24 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD

Go on, OPEN IT!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 13" Macbook Replacement | does the 15" macbook pro have a better screen than the 13" macbook pro? »