New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Just bought MBP....


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
dsantsche

 
Member Since: Aug 03, 2009
Posts: 1
dsantsche is on a distinguished road

dsantsche is offline
I just bought a MBP 15inch 2.53ghz. First mac ever! I got it yesterday, but I have not open it yet, reason being I'm scared because I'm so excited I don't want to be disappointed. I have been hyping myself up for getting a mac since October of last year. I always told myself my sony vaio running on vista will be fine for the time being and it's best to just wait until apple launches a huge upgrade on the on there MBP. I finally had enough my vista suffering from bsod, and many other major problems that happens on a consist daily bases. So I finally bought my MBP.

Now, my concerns at the moment from purchasing the MBP, it's not going to live up to hype that I personally brought upon myself, and the possible price drop or an upgrade in the near future. Was it a good idea to buy the Mac now, or should I waited? Whats your thoughts on buying a MBP right now?
QUOTE Thanks
alexsd123

 
Member Since: Jul 18, 2009
Posts: 473
alexsd123 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13"

alexsd123 is offline
I think it was a good idea.

The newest edition of the MBP was released recently.

I think you are really going to enjoy it, just open it up and have fun!!
QUOTE Thanks
tenashus1

 
Member Since: Jul 26, 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 189
tenashus1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7

tenashus1 is offline
you're gonna love it! Happy, happy, joy, joy!
QUOTE Thanks
jrichard012

 
jrichard012's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 26, 2007
Location: Orange County, Southern California
Posts: 123
jrichard012 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP and iMac; 2 iPhones 4G; 2 iPADS.

jrichard012 is offline
Sometimes you gotta say WTF. You bought it to enjoy, not to stay in the box. Time to man-up and take the plunge. You will NEVER in a thousand years be sorry. These machines are the closest thing to perfection we mortals will every experience. Not overly biased, am I???
QUOTE Thanks
NICKST3R

 
Member Since: Aug 06, 2009
Posts: 36
NICKST3R will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13in 2.53GHz 4GB DDR3 RAM 250GB HDD and a turbocharger

NICKST3R is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrichard012 View Post
Sometimes you gotta say WTF. You bought it to enjoy, not to stay in the box. Time to man-up and take the plunge. You will NEVER in a thousand years be sorry. These machines are the closest thing to perfection we mortals will every experience. Not overly biased, am I???
LOL not exactly. Coming from a PC, I am noticing quite a few compatability issues with my MBP that I got a couple weeks ago... My external monitor isn't being detected by my mac, it's a ***** trying to find a mouse that will work with my MBP without having to install any 3rd party software, the HDD has that infamous chirping noise whenever I pick it up/move it... So far, its been alright. I'm not as wowed as I thought I would be. The build quality of these machines amazes me, but the compatability issues are annoying. With a brand new DVI adapter, brand new monster DVI cable, and a monitor that works fine via VGA, there is no reason my MBP shouldn't work with it.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

 
pigoo3's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 20, 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 24,481
pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

pigoo3 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKST3R View Post
LOL not exactly. Coming from a PC, I am noticing quite a few compatability issues with my MBP that I got a couple weeks ago... My external monitor isn't being detected by my mac, it's a ***** trying to find a mouse that will work with my MBP without having to install any 3rd party software, the HDD has that infamous chirping noise whenever I pick it up/move it... So far, its been alright. I'm not as wowed as I thought I would be. The build quality of these machines amazes me, but the compatability issues are annoying. With a brand new DVI adapter, brand new monster DVI cable, and a monitor that works fine via VGA, there is no reason my MBP shouldn't work with it.
I seriously think that you are in the minority on this. Personally I have had no external monitor issues with my MBP...I have at least 5 different brand LCD monitors...and no issues.

As far as the mouse problem...ever think of using an Apple USB mouse or an Apple bluetooth mouse? I'm gonna guess that they are both pretty darn compatible!

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks
NICKST3R

 
Member Since: Aug 06, 2009
Posts: 36
NICKST3R will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13in 2.53GHz 4GB DDR3 RAM 250GB HDD and a turbocharger

NICKST3R is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
I seriously think that you are in the minority on this. Personally I have had no external monitor issues with my MBP...I have at least 5 different brand LCD monitors...and no issues.

As far as the mouse problem...ever think of using an Apple USB mouse or an Apple bluetooth mouse? I'm gonna guess that they are both pretty darn compatible!

- Nick
Well I'm just explaining my experience with my first mac. If u know me personally u know that I have the worst luck in the world when it comes to..well..anything. I have used the mighty mouse before and I hated it. The right click isn't very responsive and my friend has reported the trackball craps out after a month. so thats a no-go. I'll probably be getting a logitech vx revolution to hold me off until some better/more bluetooth mice come out. After spending so much on a laptop, I'm realizing that I will have to spend even more $ just to get it to work the way I want it to... Maybe I'm being too nitpicky, but if I spend big $$$ on a laptop I expect it to be near perfect as u described lol.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

 
pigoo3's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 20, 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 24,481
pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

pigoo3 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKST3R View Post
I have used the mighty mouse before and I hated it. The right click isn't very responsive and my friend has reported the trackball craps out after a month. so thats a no-go.
Ooh believe me I'm no fan of the Mighty Mouse...I was simply addressing the statement that finding a compatible mouse was very very difficult.

A more accurate statement fitting your situation might be...It's very very tough to find a MBP compatible mouse that you like!

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks
NICKST3R

 
Member Since: Aug 06, 2009
Posts: 36
NICKST3R will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13in 2.53GHz 4GB DDR3 RAM 250GB HDD and a turbocharger

NICKST3R is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Ooh believe me I'm no fan of the Mighty Mouse...I was simply addressing the statement that finding a compatible mouse was very very difficult.

A more accurate statement fitting your situation might be...It's very very tough to find a MBP compatible mouse that you like!

- Nick
exactly, buying a mouse is like buying a car. u gotta find the ONE. lol. Supposedly Microsoft makes some pretty good wireless mice. hmmm...choices choices...
QUOTE Thanks
Ballr24

 
Member Since: Jul 09, 2009
Posts: 239
Ballr24 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD

Ballr24 is offline
Go on, OPEN IT!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« 13" Macbook Replacement | does the 15" macbook pro have a better screen than the 13" macbook pro? »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
MBP Screen Problem? tarheel Apple Notebooks 4 04-14-2009 02:54 PM
Please Help! My MBP Was Soaked in Water! Skyrider007 Apple Notebooks 27 05-08-2008 06:04 PM
Mackbook or MBP for programming smilemoveon Apple Notebooks 5 02-13-2008 08:55 AM
MBP upgrade.....use as a desktop replacement? Vito117 Apple Notebooks 1 02-12-2008 10:16 AM
MBP Delivery Time bartleby Apple Notebooks 5 11-01-2006 10:04 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?