New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Specks of light on screen, '07 MBPro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ldnmcbkpro

ldnmcbkpro is on a distinguished road

In the last three weeks tiny specks of white light have begun appearing around the edges (within three inches of the perimeter) of the screen of my 2007 MacBook Pro. None of them are in the middle of the screen.

At first just one or two appeared, then a few days later six or seven, and now there are fifteen or more. They appear alone, or in groups of two or three.

To my untrained eye, it looks as if the individual pixels are glowing more brightly than they should. The specks are easily distinguishable unless the background (i.e.: wallpaper) color is black.

Has anyone seen anything similar? Any answers? I couldn't find anything similar after a Google search for related threads.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*

can you post a screen shot...if it can even capture the problem? Are you sure it's not the wallpaper? just ruling out some...
QUOTE Thanks
ldnmcbkpro

ldnmcbkpro is on a distinguished road

I don't know how to post a screen shot. And it isn't the wallpaper. That's why I wrote screen in the post and not wallpaper.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MB134LL/A Two quick ram questions. | Why does the fan start up when I open up my macbook pro 13"? »