Powerbook G4 restarts after going into sleep mode w/after-market power adapter
    I have been searching various forums but have yet to find anyone having a similar problem.

My powerbook G4's power adapter broke so I purchased an aftermarket (non-apple) one on eBay. Figured I wouldn't buy the expensive apple replacement because I don't plan on having this computer for that much longer.

When I leave my computer for an extended period of time to complete a process (i.e. start a large download before going to bed) I find the computer to be restarted and giving me the password prompt when I awake it from sleep mode the next morning.

I can only imagine this is because of the power adapter. I notice that it doesn't have the light on the connector that changes from orange to green when the computer is charged. At first I thought that the computer didn't know it was connected to the power after going into sleep mode but when I find it restarted the battery is fully charged and the computer doesn't go into restore mode like it would if I let the battery die completely while powered on and then plugged it in and awoke it.

Any suggestions?

I have to say i doubt the charger is to blame in this situation but unfortunately I don't really know what the problem could be.
    My projects:

Thread Information