New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Macbook OS10.5.7 won't shut down.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Green Hornet

Green Hornet is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Book OS 10.5.7 Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB

My white Macbook OS 10.5.7 won't shut down. Happens intermitently. Begins to shut down but then stalls. The desktop clears but the doc remains. Tried to ask on the mac forum but I need to pay because my warranty ran out (thanks apple!)

I ran disk utility's with the install disk in and fixed a problem but this didn't help shut down. Also tried taking the battery out and resetting SMP but not sure if I did it right. Thanks for any help.

QUOTE Thanks
macbook22

macbook22 is on a distinguished road

Wondering about my MacBook, almost every time I try to shut it down, it stalls and I have to hold the power button to force it to shut down. Everything looks normal, then it stalls on just the desktop background I have (without any icons, doc, or hard drive icon in the top right), it's only the background with a round cursor spinning in about the center bottom of the screen. Very strange I'm worried about what the problem is, I think it started when I left the computer on a few times without being plugged in with the power cord (like falling asleep to music).

I run Mac OS X v. 10.5.8
Processor: 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

I have the Disk Utility, MacJanitor, DiskWarrior, don't know if I need to reinstall the software or upgrade from 10.5.8, don't live near a Genius bar so would be great to get any answers, thanks!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iSight Camera | * * Just purchased Macbook Pro 13"...tv connection ? * * »