New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

My screen cracked!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

StealthMode

Last night I was using my PowerBook at band practice, (I'm the sound guy) and I set my screen down for about 10-15 minutes. (It was sitting next to me the whole time) and when I popped the lid again, I noticed a crack coming from the top right corner, running down through the middle, and going back up to the left top corner. I can see everything, but I got this crack, or artifact running through. No one set anything on it, and it was sitting next to me the whole time I was there, so no oner grabbed it wrong or what not.
I will post some picks after I resize them.

Stealth -
QUOTE Thanks
sKaD

sKaD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram

Ouch, that sucks man.

I've got a Dell Inspiron that I sat on :-\

sKaD
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Now how much vibration was your computer getting? I have never heard of this happening.. it could be like the opera singer with a champagne glass....
QUOTE Thanks
StealthMode

No vibration, they hadn't really started playing yet. Just getten the sound setup. But that would make sense. (uhm, there are no opera singers though...:p)
Called apple and they won't replace of fix it, I'd have to pay them $1000+ for a new LCD, or, buy a new laptop. I do not have the fund for EITHER... It has been a really sucky weekend, beginning of week...

Stealth -
QUOTE Thanks
logos

Do you have home contents insuranance? If you do you could look at your policy and see if you are covered for accidental damage of your property outside your home. Or if you were practising at home, and you are insured you may well be covered.
If not, I would say to anyone that it is worth getting your machines insured for "all risks" (or the equivalent in your countries) which covers you for almost any eventuality. I always pay the additional 10 (UK) for this cover as a 'peace of mind' thing. The only important thing to remember is "acts of God" i.e. in explainable or controllable incidences sometimes are NOT covered, You may want to remember that when explaining the circumstances around the damage on your claims.
Good luck, man.
QUOTE Thanks
StealthMode

Ok, I called apple again today, and I will have a box to ship it back to them in tomorrow, and will have my mac back next week hopefully. Life is good.
I paid $350 for a dam 3 year warranty, I BETTER get some service out of it.

Stealth -
QUOTE Thanks
sKaD

sKaD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram

That's good to hear.

I was going to ask you if you had the apple protection plan.

sKaD
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I might be getting annoying, but I got a few more questions. | USA powerbook in UK. »