New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Major problem-Macbook can find XP partition, but can't boot into Mac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

leninboarrir

leninboarrir is on a distinguished road

Okay. This post will probably be a little messy because I'm going to cut and paste parts of it from similar posts on other forums.

-I came home today and turned on my Macbook (with OSX 10.5). I have Bootcamp installed, but OSX has been my default partition from day one. When I left the room and came back, I found that my computer had booted up into XP without any prompt from me. Finding this strange, I did a hard reset and loaded it up again. I got a very quick error message/logo (too quick to see what it was) and then the computer began to boot into XP. As far as I can tell, my computer can't find my OSX partition. Even when I use the Boot Camp utility in XP to boot into OSX, the same thing happens.

-After that, I've booted from the Mac OSX Installation Disc, opened up the Disk Utility, found the Mac partition that I needed, and clicked on "Repair Disk." Here's what I got:

"Invalid node structure, volume check failed. ERROR: Filesystem verify or repair failed."

-When I started to repair, the stats at the bottom told me that I was repairing a 107 GB disk with 3.2 GB of free space, which were the stats that I had last time the computer worked. Now it's telling me that I'm working with a drive with 107 GB free space, which makes me assume that my drive got erased.

I don't know what to do.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem with Blueooth - Home Stereo & Macbook | Macbook hot, would not turn on. »