New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Buying from eBay and Apple store

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NMMI89

NMMI89 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB/ 60GB 5G iPod/ 160GB 6G iPod/ 8GB Nano/ 32GB 2nd Gen iTouch

Hey all, I'm going to be getting a MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.8 ghz 4g 500gb. Found one brand new on eBay for a really good price. Seller does state that it is new and in a sealed box. My question is: If I do get this from eBay will the Apple Store honor the standard warranty? Until, I can purchase the apple care. Can I make appointments at the genius bar? See, I'm coming over to the dark side after having a really unpleasent experience with HP/ windows vista (it's a long, drawn out story. remind me to share it with y'all sometime). I have all my music on my iTouch and I wanted the geniuses to transfer my music from my iTouch to my new MacBook. Can they do that?
All help requested from you awesome Mac owners.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Yes the Apple warranty is fine if you buy it on e-Bay.

In fact if you were to buy a used Apple computer that still has warranty on it...that transfers to you as the new owner as well.

Just be careful buying on e-Bay. I've known some folks to "stretch" the honesty of the statement "new, in a sealed box".

A "sealed box"...could mean...the dude opened the box, played with the computer a bit, put the computer back in the box, and sealed it with his own tape!

Technically that's a "sealed box"!

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need advice | I dropped my MacBook Pro (laptop insurance?)... »