Which Apple store for repair?
    The plastic is splitting/cracking along the front edge of the wrist rest of my MacBook. It's out of warranty, but a search of the net seems to indicate this is a common problem. I'm going to bring it to the Apple store to see if they'll fix it free since I see it as a defect in materials and/or manufacturing run.

My question: Where do you think I have the best chance of getting Apple to fix it---at a long established Apple store in a busy shopping area, or at a brand new Apple store in a suburb? (These are the Plaza store in Kansas City and the Lenexa, KS store.) Thanks.

Specs:
    -->
    Quote Originally Posted by hermz1 View Post
    The plastic is splitting/cracking along the front edge of the wrist rest of my MacBook. It's out of warranty, but a search of the net seems to indicate this is a common problem. I'm going to bring it to the Apple store to see if they'll fix it free since I see it as a defect in materials and/or manufacturing run.

My question: Where do you think I have the best chance of getting Apple to fix it---at a long established Apple store in a busy shopping area, or at a brand new Apple store in a suburb? (These are the Plaza store in Kansas City and the Lenexa, KS store.) Thanks.
    There is not one in Lenexa, it is in Leawood. The one out there is not as busy as the plaza store. Just make sure to make an appointment so you don't have to stand around.

Specs:
    Unibody MBP
    I would call Apple Care and explain your problem. They will give you a case number and send you a box to ship it in. I just had a hard drive replaced in my MBP at an Apple Store and it took 13 days. It would have been 3-5 if I sent it into a Service Center.
    www.tcphoto.org
    http://web.mac.com/tcphoto1/Fashion/Fashion.html
    Unibody MBP, iPhone, Canon 1DsII, Profoto and most important, Imagination!

Thread Information