New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Need new motherboard housing for mbp a1211

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Gfdcxgfd

Gfdcxgfd is on a distinguished road

Hello guys, the mbp has been gome thru alot i wish to replace the motherboard housing and keyboard housing, where Is a cheap place to get thiss? I looked on ebay buy no luck too expensive, thanks

model macbook pro 15" a1211, c2d 2.33ghz 2gb ram, 120gb hdd
QUOTE Thanks
wmprice1240

wmprice1240 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB

You may want to try iFixit. I get parts from them from time to time and the prices always seem reasonable.
QUOTE Thanks
Gfdcxgfd

Gfdcxgfd is on a distinguished road

Hello, first off thanks for responding. AnywaysI looked at ifixit, and they are talking about 250 for upper case and 240 for lower case which is $490+ shipping.......kind of insane pricing if you ask me.....I mean their actual costs are probably like 25 bucks for both.

I am lost/dumbfound as to why in the world a case costs more than a cpu or motherboard which takes millions of dollars and freakin "rocket" scientists to make.....anyone share the same expressions as me? I would write an email to ifixit it but they would most likely ignore it, not worth wasting time.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Unless you can find a cheap "parts" computer...laptops (and even desktops)...just aren't cost effective to repair via parts retailers. They're going to charge top price for the parts.

You gotta find someone with a broken computer...where the parts you need work.

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« making decisions.... | MacBook white keyboard problem »