New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Did I calibrate my battery correctly?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mhmmhello

mhmmhello is an unknown at this point

The instructions on the Apple website said to drain my battery until it went into sleep mode, then I had to shut down.

After it went into sleep mode, I had no idea of how to turn it off, I hit the power button thinking that it was completely shut down since the sleep light indicator stopped blinking.

Then I fully recharged and turned it on again. I found that it was not shut down completely, and it was in, correct me if I'm wrong, deep sleep mode.

Is my battery still calibrated?
QUOTE Thanks
Jacob22

Jacob22 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13.3" MBP

The way I understand it is, use the laptop till it goes into sleep mode, let it sit in this stage for a few hours. THEN plug it in and let it charge up.
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

The directions say turn it off OR allow it to sleep for five hours or more. So it you let it sleep for at least five hours, you're good to go.
QUOTE Thanks
macdogger

macdogger is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 20" inch iMac.

i guess as well that you're pretty okay. (:
QUOTE Thanks
Rottingbone

Rottingbone is on a distinguished road

I called apple the other day for battery problems, they told me to calibrate it. They said the best way to calibrate is to charge the battery to 100% then overcharge it for 3 hours, after that use it till 0%, till it puts itself in to sleep mode, keep it that way for 5 hours. charge it to 100% and it should pump up the best battery health possible out of you battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do you carry your mac? | is macbook charger as bad as powerbook? »