New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - My new Nvidia White Macbooks has a defective screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Billy_ca

Billy_ca is on a distinguished road

Greetings Mac-Forumites!

I've recently purchased a new Nvidia White Macbook that has severe horizontal banding all across the screen. You can find photographs of the problem here:

New white nVidia Macbook owners: check here to see if you have a defective LCD! - Mac Forums

I've done a little digging and apparently about half of the Macbooks currently in circulation have this problem. I based my purchasing decision after looking at a display model at the Apple Store with the good LG screen, only to end up receiving the terribly inferior Samsung screen. It's so obviously inferior, especially when you put them next to one another. I took mine into the Apple Store, put it side by side next to the LG display model and showed the Genius all the differences. The Genius and the assistant Manager both agreed that there was a serious problem with my screen that did not appear on the display model and agreed to replace the screen, but they have no way of knowing if the replacement is a good one or a bad one before they put it in.

If you have this problem as well please post! We need to get Apple to acknowledge this problem publicly.
QUOTE Thanks
Billy_ca

Billy_ca is on a distinguished road

My original title for this post was changed by a moderator without giving a reason. It was entitled "Warning: About half of the current Nvidia White Macbook screens are defective!" This title was entirely accurate.

I have actually gone to about 5 different stores in my city, including 2 Apple Stores and looked at about 20 Macbooks on display and found that almost half have shown the defect I have linked to. And this is very recently, July 09.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 1TB OR 2TB hardrive upgrade. | 13 inch 2.53GHz or 15 inch 2.66GHz »