cal4ever
    Question 12'' pb dsl connection problems?
    Hi folks,

I'm about to purchase the new 12'' PB (1ghz w/ superdrive). I've been trying to do as much research on the 12'' powerbook. After reading through the discussion/support page on apple's website, it seems that there has been a good amount of people who are having trouble connecting to the internet via dsl or cable modem. (By this I don't mean wireless, just straight from the model w/ a cable or straight from the router w/ an ethernet cord).

Have anybody else have this problem? Is this a common problem? I can't tell how common it is since the support board is bound to be a bad sample. After all, people go there if they have problems w/ their PB. So, should I anticipate this problem? How common is it? Is it rather dififcult connecting to the internet via dsl connection (not wireless)?

Thanks again!

p.s.
    On apple's support thread, there doesn't seem to be a solution to this problem. Or, if there is, the people who managed to fix their problems did not post the solution online.

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    i connect to a cable modem with my 15" powerbook both wirelessly and direct all the time and have never experienced any problems. I have looked at apples support thread a couple of times but find this is the greatest place for any techincal problems.

**ps. im a switcher and this place is the greatest

cal4ever
    thanks for the response. however, it seems that (at least from what i have read on apple's support site), the 12'' pb is the only one that has problem--or at least has the most problems. i would like to purchase the 12'' powerbook, but if it's going to give me ethernet connection problems i might just get a 15'' or stick to my (pc) laptop. :-/

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    well another thing is that they just updated the powerbooks last monday night so i would guess that they fixed whatever little problems they were having.

greylnx
    I've had a 12" powerbook for a couple months now (just missed the hardware update). I connect to DSL at home and in the office both wired and wireless in both places with no trouble whatsoever. I would imagine that a lot of the support issues that people are running into are configuration related.

vicreoy
    I have had a 12" powerbook since the beginning of the summer. I had tons of trouble trying to figure out how to get dsl + router hooked up for 2 months. I was trying to set it using dhcp, to no avail. I then tried using PPPoE and it has worked ever since. I just wish that someone would have steered me in that direction a little bit earlier. hehehe.

Peace,
    Steve

Thread Information