New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - My Video Guides: Cloning HDD, Installing RAM, Installing HDD, Archive Install.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chrismac

chrismac has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4

Hi guys,

I just done some more vids for people wanting to do the following.

Let me know how you feel about them:-

Cloning HDD:-

YouTube - Guide: How To Clone Hard Drive : For Apple MacBook / MacBook Pro Hard Drive Upgrade Using SuperDuper

Installing RAM & HDD

YouTube - Guide: How To Swap / Upgrade Hard Drive / HDD and RAM / Memory In A 2009 Apple MacBook Pro 13"

Long Boot Up? - Archive & Install Pointers:

YouTube - Long Boot Up Time After Cloning Your Apple Mac / Macbook Pro With SuperDuper? Fix Here.

QUOTE Thanks
newtomac22

newtomac22 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.0GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3 Memory, 500GB hard drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

You did an amazing job! Great videos. but I do have a question and I think it would be a good video idea (because I can't find it anywhere)

After I upgrade my HD what do I do? I don't want to clone my HD I want a full new clean install.
QUOTE Thanks
chrismac

chrismac has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4

Hmmm - I could do that guide.

You would need to install your new hdd, insert the software OSX DVD, hold c down when booting (so it boots from DVD drive) the select fresh install. Job done!

I'll try and sort out a step by step vid guide.
QUOTE Thanks
newtomac22

newtomac22 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.0GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3 Memory, 500GB hard drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

wow... I feel stupid. haha. I didn't know it was that simple. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
spot0806

spot0806 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac View Post
Hmmm - I could do that guide.

You would need to install your new hdd, insert the software OSX DVD, hold c down when booting (so it boots from DVD drive) the select fresh install. Job done!
I have just bought a new 13" MBP 2.26 GHz and 2 GB memory and was thinking of upgrading the hdd to 320 or 500 GB and memory up to 4 GB, before i start to put all my music, movies and files on.
This is all i have to do once the hdd and memory are installed?
Loving my MBP. Totally new to Macs so please forgive this new members question.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Yes because with the new HDD there is nothing on it. Technically you need to format the HDD first and then you can install the OS.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
spot0806

spot0806 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
Yes because with the new HDD there is nothing on it. Technically you need to format the HDD first and then you can install the OS.
Many thanks matey seems easy enough just a bit worried about doing some damage to my MBP. Im quite new to all this computer stuff.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Getting digital noise when MBP audio out is plugged into HDTV | Odd Audio Feedback Issue on MacBook Pro After Using Rosetta Stone »