New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Did this make water damage/does it consititute it (iyo)?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

charmedguy18

charmedguy18 is on a distinguished road

So the other day I was doing a videocast and I got some water. I was on the way to my room when I took a sip and maybe 5 drops of water got on one speaker. That's all.
Then, I finally put it down and then wiped off what seemed to be maybe 2 drops. I'm guessing it when through the speaker holes.

I was panicking and I was trying to be "rational" and say that it is fine, it's just a miniscule amount of water. But today my battery died... Yeah, no big thing. Just plugged it in to fix that issue. Well, when I plugged it in and pressed the power button, I got an error that only said that I must restart the computer. Again, panicking, I didn't write the entire message down. I just did it. And THEN when I got back on my desktop, the error report thing came up but my network was not wanting to connect (router) and by accident, I must have X'd the window out. I don't even remember doing it but...
The point is I need to know: do you think this was a coincidence? Do you think the small amount of water that went into the speakers before I wiped it was enough to cause damage? Do you think that amount of water (if it did do damage) would show up as water damage and therefore leave me with a dying computer and a void warrantee? I know (like I said) it was running hot, so there is no way the water lasted inside of it for anymore like 4 seconds.

I'm new to Macs. New to having my own laptop at all. So forgive the stupidity (I am eighteen as well -_-). I know there are a number of things I should have done that I just did not do. Please (I don't know any of you so I don't know if this is your attitude) don't yell or in otherwords rub it in my face. It's really not necessary as I did it to myself already.

Thanks =]

Edit: Apple Hardware Test resulted in everything fine. So I guess this thread can be deleted if that's it... Although I'd still like to know why it crashed... Nothing other than Firefox has crashed since I got it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Pro Warranty Question | Transfer HDD from White MacBook to new MBP »