nadeem
    thinking of buying a clamshell
    just love the design of the old iBook and would love to buy this one here - anyone tell me how easy it is to fit an airport card and ram to it as well as upgrade to panther...?

Specs:
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    Quote Originally Posted by nadeem
    just love the design of the old iBook and would love to buy this one here - anyone tell me how easy it is to fit an airport card and ram to it as well as upgrade to panther...?
    All three are very simple. Here's a link to the iBook instruction manual, which explains the installation of the AirPort card and RAM:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/Apple_...90AIBOOKUG.PDF

Upgrading to Panther will just be a matter of putting in the disks running the installer.
    ~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

sonofapplepm
    My wife and I just bought a Tangerine iBook. It had been upgraded to 366mHz w/ a cd burner and started life with 64Mb. I put in an airport card and upgraded the ram to 320Mb's. I also installed Panther in modified form.
    (less the alternate language sections). I ended up with just over a gig of HD space leftover. She mostly uses it for surfing, iTunes,and iChat. It seems to do this with ease. We paid just over $300 U.S. shipped. Hope this helps.

BTW, the ram and airport installation is very easy. It can be accessed under the keyboard.

Specs:
    MacBook
    If you are planning on installing an AirPort card, just remember to get the original AirPort card. Clamshells cannot take the AirPort Extreme. I have known of a few people who have made that mistake and were left with a wireless card they could not use.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Thread Information