New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - My first mac, a MacBook Pro!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Courtney

Courtney is on a distinguished road

I got the 13-inch: 2.26GHz and i upgraded to 4GB Memory and a 250GB hard drive. I'm so excited but since I upgraded its taking forever for apple to ship out my new Mac. I'm supposed to get in on the 21st, I'm used to PC's so I'm nervous but I also have had lots of problems with them and I'm excited to try something new. Is there anything important I should know about making the switch from pc to mac?
QUOTE Thanks
LAXMetal23

LAXMetal23 is on a distinguished road

you will be fine. I have been a pc user my whole life and i got an ibook G4 over a month ago and feel in love with it in an instant and then i just got the new MBP 13.3" with 2.26Ghz and 160GB and 2GB ram. I am going to upgrade it myself. I am hooked on mac now and i love it to death. The conversion was very easy. Good luck with it. Hope you get it soon.
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

I have been a PC user as well. I started with an iMac in October and now I have my 13.3" MBP. I am not looking through Windows again!
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

I would say watch these while you wait.

Apple - Find Out How - Mac Basics

There's even one about switching from a PC to a Mac.

Apple - Find Out How - Mac Basics
QUOTE Thanks
corradoking

corradoking is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPhone 3G,MBP 13 inch 2.26

I also bought my MBP 13 inch on monday night. I have always been a PC user. I just think the Mac product is much better. I guess we can all learn together.
QUOTE Thanks
chrismac

chrismac has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4

Best thing you will have ever done!
QUOTE Thanks
LAXMetal23

LAXMetal23 is on a distinguished road

oh i have a windows machine ubuntu server and my macbook but im trying to eliminate my windows machine with either an iMac or a Mac Mini (most likely the mac mini due to it being cheaper and me being broke). I will still always have my love for windows but my love for mac is growing more and more everyday.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New Addition To The Family | ibook g3 problem »