New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - My macbook jams :(

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mad_hatter

mad_hatter is on a distinguished road

My macbook used to jam on the blue screen and nothing would appear. I tried the installation discs and now when i start up my mac it jams on the Install Mac OS X screen and 'the please insert "Mac OS X Install Disc 2" screen appears. I have repeated the installation a number of times and the same situation seems to occur.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks
fletch33

fletch33 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz

are you using the installation discs designed for your macbook? i dont recall there ever being a Disc 2 on a macbook as they should be DVD. you cant use discs from another mac product to install unless it is a retail disc.

"i believe louisiana is the pelican state"
QUOTE Thanks
empty_noise

empty_noise is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook (Mid-2007, 10.5.8) + MacBook Pro (Late-2008, 10.9) - See Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch33 View Post
are you using the installation discs designed for your macbook? i dont recall there ever being a Disc 2 on a macbook as they should be DVD. you cant use discs from another mac product to install unless it is a retail disc.
Really? The installation discs I have for my MacBook clearly read "Disc 1" & "Disc 2."

mad_hatter, it would be helpful if you posted some more details, what model is your MB and what exactly are you trying to do? A fresh install of the OS?

MB | Mid-2007 | 13-inch | 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo | 2GB DDR2 | 120GB HDD | GMA 950 | White
MBP | Late-2008 | 15-inch | 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB DDR3 | 250GB HDD | 9400M + 9600M GT w/ 256MB GDDR3 | Unibody
QUOTE Thanks
mad_hatter

Sorry, as your can probably tell im not the best with computers. My macbook is the black one, i dont currently have it with me, so thats pretty much all the info i can give on that.

At first i was just trying to get back onto my mac, with all my files still there. Now, from what it looks like, it seems i may have to restart the whole thing which due to the frustration the thing has led me, im prepared to do lol!

So any help on restarting the entire thing, or if it is still possible, just fix it, I will be more than happy with

Thanks again
QUOTE Thanks
mad_hatter

Can anyone help me with this?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Screen Inversion? Its gone all wonky on me. | "R" key wont work when typing in WEP key »