Specs:
    13"macbook-air 2gb,80gbhd,1.8ghz/14" iBook G4 1.5gb,80gbhd,1.6Ghz
    Macbook-Air and Macbook-Pro decision
    ok here is goes.........I bought a macbook air about 5 months ago it is the last of the Rev A one its a 13" 2Gb Ram 80Gb HD 1.8Ghz and super clean not 1 scratch on it because i bought the invisible shield and the suede palm rest and the tracpad clear cover and the keyboard silicon cover and a mighty wireless mouse.....ok thats that.........My buddy has a 2006 Macbook-pro 2Gb Ram 320Gb HD 2.16Ghz a few scratches nothing deep and a dead battery..........Is it a worthy trade? or should i keep my air?

Specs:
    15" MBP | 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo | 4 GB Ram | 250 GB HDD
    depends on your needs. Do you want the light portability of the air, or would you rather have a bit more power and storage while loosing the form factor.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by xxBURT0Nxx View Post
    depends on your needs. Do you want the light portability of the air, or would you rather have a bit more power and storage while loosing the form factor.
    Well thats the thing i like the slim part and light weight the space not really a factor for me because i do not use any of my books as main computers you know.........im just saying a 5 months old to a 3 year old mind you that his apple care expired today also and mine has till june 2010 and i can add 2 more years after that.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by Macisbetter4you View Post
    Well thats the thing i like the slim part and light weight the space not really a factor for me because i do not use any of my books as main computers you know.........im just saying a 5 months old to a 3 year old mind you that his apple care expired today also and mine has till june 2010 and i can add 2 more years after that.
    If the MacBook Air suits your needs, than you probably don't have any reason to upgrade to a machine that has more power than you need.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    If the MacBook Air suits your needs, than you probably don't have any reason to upgrade to a machine that has more power than you need.
    LOL i like that....Good response

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by Macisbetter4you View Post
    LOL i like that....Good response
    It's much easier to make a decision like this once you remove the emotion of the prospect of getting a shiny new toy.

Think about the way Apple has improved their notebook line over the years. By the time you've reach the end of your Apple Care warranty, there will likely be a model that is 10 times better than both yours and your friend's machine and costs hundreds of dollars less than yours did when it was new.

I'd just wait.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    It's much easier to make a decision like this once you remove the emotion of the prospect of getting a shiny new toy.

Think about the way Apple has improved their notebook line over the years. By the time you've reach the end of your Apple Care warranty, there will likely be a model that is 10 times better than both yours and your friend's machine and costs hundreds of dollars less than yours did when it was new.

I'd just wait.
    You are ABSOLUTELY right......I think i might just do that seat back and chill with my AIR ........Thanks man

Thread Information