New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - store or online?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macgirl2423

macgirl2423 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 13" Macbook Pro 4GB ram 160GB HD/8GB iPod touch 1G/iPod Classic 120 GB

Hey guys,
I'm going to be buying my first Macbook sometime within the next month. Every year my father my sister and I go to visit relatives in Delaware, and it just so happens that Delaware has no sales tax. :] So, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to buy my Macbook Pro that I've so desperately wanted. My dilemma is whether to have it shipped to Delaware, along with the accessories I'm buying with it, or should I take the time to travel an hour and a half to the store In Newark to buy it from the apple store?

Please Note: I know that its an advantage to see the computer in person before I buy it which I am going to my local apple store to do next week.

what is today but yesterday's tommorrow?
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I would buy it at the store in Delaware and have it shipped.
QUOTE Thanks
macgirl2423

Mac Specs: 2009 13" Macbook Pro 4GB ram 160GB HD/8GB iPod touch 1G/iPod Classic 120 GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
I would buy it at the store in Delaware and have it shipped.
Im not sure what you mean. I know it sounds silly to travel farther to go to the apple store. My main concern is if I ship it to Delaware I wouldn't know how easy it would be to send it back and get a replacement if it was damaged during shipping

QUOTE Thanks
TennsDog

TennsDog is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13" MBP (2009) 2.26GHz, 160GB, 2GB

If you're really that into cheating the system, then it's really up to you. I personally find it more exciting to buy online and have it shipped, but some people like to walk out the door with the box in hand. If you've made the decision to buy a Mac, then going to see it in person won't really do anything unless you are unsure of your decision. I don't think I would use damage in shipping as a consideration for it, though, because I've never had or heard of anyone I know having anything damaged in shipping (and I'm an eBay junky). Keep in mind, if you have it shipped to your house, you'll probably get it sooner depending on when you go to Delaware.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

I would normally suggest buying it at the store so that if you have a problem, you could just swap the mac with another one, but since you live so far, I think ordering it online is your best bet.
QUOTE Thanks
macgirl2423

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennsDog View Post
If you're really that into cheating the system, then it's really up to you. I personally find it more exciting to buy online and have it shipped, but some people like to walk out the door with the box in hand. If you've made the decision to buy a Mac, then going to see it in person won't really do anything unless you are unsure of your decision. I don't think I would use damage in shipping as a consideration for it, though, because I've never had or heard of anyone I know having anything damaged in shipping (and I'm an eBay junky). Keep in mind, if you have it shipped to your house, you'll probably get it sooner depending on when you go to Delaware.
Yeah true I would get it sooner but thats another big chunk of money I would have to shell out for the sales tax. I think I'm just going to have it shipped to Delaware and waiting for me. Do you think if by some off chance it was damaged that I could take it to the apple store in Delaware and exchange it?

QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgirl2423 View Post
Yeah true I would get it sooner but thats another big chunk of money I would have to shell out for the sales tax. I think I'm just going to have it shipped to Delaware and waiting for me. Do you think if by some off chance it was damaged that I could take it to the apple store in Delaware and exchange it?
No. They wont exchange a mac that was delivered with an item from inside the store. They can fix it there, but if you want to return it, you have to mail it back.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Webcam help | MBP 13 - Keyboard Not Lighting Up »