New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Better Battery Life

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

meep89

meep89 is on a distinguished road

I am currently using a black macbook thats about a year old and I'm about to buy an airport express so I can have a completely wireless desk. does anyone know if this will have an effect on my battery life or will i still get just as much usage time as i had before? thanks
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Using wireless, much like turning on other services, will deplete your battery quicker. That said, you should still get good battery life out of it.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

You are more likely to loose battery capacity by NOT doing this
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I sometimes use my MB on my desk with the setup that you are about to embark on. It shouldn't mater if you are plug-in which most of the time I am because I'm at home.

If I get lazy and move around the house then I'm not plug-in but I do get at least 3-4 hours of battery life, just doing light stuff like web browsing, word processing.
QUOTE Thanks
deefadog

deefadog is on a distinguished road

Hi all, similar question to op i found on the search, so thought i'd ask.

I have a 17" macbook pro - sept 2007.

What should the battery life be? as i am getting around 2 hours, this is when i leave it on over night and i am downloading HD Trailers using utorrent. I know it's around 2 hours a sit give a snap shot of the time it run out of juice.

Should i look to be getting a new battery?

Many thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« what is wrong with my MacBook? | Macbook Pro 13 Inch Neoprene Case »