New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - I... bent my 2.4 alu macbook in half.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Csms9

Csms9 is on a distinguished road

This is what happened. The mac was beside my bed, and i fell off the bed and landed kind of on top of it. It had the screen open... I didn't notice anything until today, but now i just can't believe it.

It is bent in the bottom right corner. First i noticed the trackpad was kind of dent in, it made the click a little weird to click (on the right corner), and it bothered me, but i got over it, it still worked. Then when i showed a friend, he pointed out it was bent. Oh my god, he was right. As you can see in the pics, the corner totally sticks out. I usually have it on my iLap, but if i put it on the table it wobbles, since it isn't straight anymore. And the worst is when i close the screen, this huge gap is left between the bottom part of the mac and the display.

So far i haven't noticed any functionality problems, so far. Since its the unibody, i guess if i had it replaced i would have to replace the whole body, meaning almost the entire mac. Its about 6 months old. I had never even bumped it before! I guess its pointless to take it to apple since they probably can't do anything for it............. i guess i'm gonna have to live with it! Any thoughts??
QUOTE Thanks
Csms9

Hmmm, did the pics upload?
QUOTE Thanks
trinimac

trinimac is on a distinguished road

Hmmmmm..... Short and to the point.....

NO
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

where are the pics??? put some up! We all want to see
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I would also like to see pictures. This sounds interesting.
QUOTE Thanks
Csms9

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/att...1&d=1246637317
Attached Images
File Type: jpg comp 3.jpg (92.7 KB, 171 views)
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

It's not that bad. From the looks of it. I thought you meant it was totally bent like folding a piece of paper in half. >_<"
QUOTE Thanks
Square_nothing

Square_nothing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
It's not that bad. From the looks of it. I thought you meant it was totally bent like folding a piece of paper in half. >_<"
it is quite bad tbh, would get on my nerves anyway...
but tbh not much you can do becides considering yourself lucky it still works.
QUOTE Thanks
Csms9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
If it had been bent in half, i doubt it would still work.

Anyhow, it would cost me 300$ for a new upper case if i decided to replace. I think it will stay how it is for the moment..... thanks for your answers anyway
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

And this, children, is why we shouldn't be using our laptops while in bed.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Futch

Futch is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM

Eat spinach, bend it back.

MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM
iPhone 3G 16GB Black
iPod Nano 2GB
QUOTE Thanks
thehitmen

thehitmen is on a distinguished road

Id sell it on ebay and use the money for last years mac

QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitmen View Post
Id sell it on ebay and use the money for last years mac
The OP already spent the money to fix it. >_>"
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Tarek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

That's what the beans you're eating -- from the look of the plate -- do to your MacBook.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I Apparently No Longer Have A Trackpad | Dual Layer burning problems... »