New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Keyboard and trackpad stopped working...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ConvoMech08

ConvoMech08 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mackbook 2.16gHz, 2gb, 120 HD. iPhone 3g 16gb.

I just updated my MacBook, restarted and now my keyboard and trackpad stopped working, I had Bluetooth turned off because it was interfering with my iPhone/bluetooth headset. Now I can't seem to backtrack to the ver. on my install disk because it needs somekind of user input...this has been the only frustrating problem since I got it last year(which is nice compared to the windows machines I'm used to)
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*

Try this. Unplug it. Turn it off by holding off the power button. Then, remove the battery. Press the power button to make sure all power is thoroughly out. Then you plug it back in and try it again. Hope that works!
QUOTE Thanks
ConvoMech08

tried that and still nothing...also tried a usb keyboard and mouse and they didn't work either
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*

So, you are able to turn it on, and are able to go to the main screen(wallpaper and dock), but the input devices don't seem to work. Is this correct?
From my last post, I was guessing it might need a restart like I mentioned, or some drivers that might be missing. Since my first tip didn't help, I would take it to apple to be honest. or look around the forum everywhere possible for a similar problem. Good luck!
QUOTE Thanks
ConvoMech08

That is correct it starts normally gets to the desktop, but no response from keyboard an mouse...I downgraded my USB drivers to 10.5.6 when 10.5.7 came out so some PIC controllers would connect properly but it has worked fine for some time now. It may have been the keyboard update I put off until yesterday that did it. Thanks, I think I'll be visiting a genius tomorrow.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Just Upgraded My HDD MBP 13 - SuperDuper IS Super! | Intel X-25M SSD and Firmware 1.7 »