Specs:
    MacBook 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM MAC OS 10.5.6
    Question Sudden Battery Charge Diminished & Fan Constantly Running
    Hey there - I have two issues actually. No particular order as far as severity is concerned. The first is my battery life. I have a Macbook and since the last Mac OS upgrade I have noticed that my battery will only charge to two hours. I used to get 4 - 5 hours of a charge. Any ideas?

My second issue is my fan is constantly running. even when I shutdown all of the programs. I went to the activity monitor and there does not appera to be anything running excessively. Any ideas?

Specs:
    MacBook Pro with Retina Display: Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB, 256GB, Mountain Lion
    for the fan it may need cleaning if dust is blocking airflow in the heatsink then your processor will not remain cool.

as for the battery try doing a PMU Reset, read the link below. you can also try using coconut battery to get information, link below. if that does not help, it may be time at looking to get a new battery.

Apple Portables: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)
    coconut-flavour.com - [coconutBattery 2.6.5]

Specs:
    27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S
    Before chasing a new battery - give this a shot as well Resetting your Mac's PRAM and NVRAM

Specs:
    rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
    Have you installed this firmware upgrade?: MacBook Pro SMC Firmware Update 1.3

It is pretty new, it was released May 28, 2009. Maybe it will solve the problem you have.
    My Blog: Apple Laptops

Specs:
    Unhappy Update on Fan Roaring & Battery
    I wanted to update everyone or anyone, regarding my very first trip to the Genius Support.
    Firstly, I got the impression that they did not want to hear what I had to say. Very dismissive of my complaints. As soon as I told the tech that I was using a widget to measure the temp and fan rpms he immediately said that he can't speak to that since it is not an Apple product. Secondly, he does the check; Battery and some other diagnostics and of course finds nothing. Now mind you, I am telling him about the fan roaring and the intense heat and he continues to go on about how the battery checks out fine. I am very disappointed with Apple. My first encounter left a bad taste in my mouth. Needless to say, I have an appointment on Monday for a full diagnostic review.

Specs:
    **UPDATE** Battery Drain and Temp
    Hello Gang:

I told you all that I would bring my Macbook back to the Genius' [?] at the Apple store. They had it from Monda 11 am to Fiday 8 pm. They changed the "Logic Board", why, I do not know. I was just so happy to have it back. Well, I booted her up, and sure as s***, it is still running at 150-160 degrees f. I was livid. I started to search the entire computer for the proble. Guess what? I had two print jobs waiting for my IP 90 Canon. As soon as I deleted it the RPMs ran doen to 1700 and the temp went down to 120 degrees.

Also, since I got my Macbook back the battery capacity is crap. Full charge capacity (mAh): 3871. Befoe those Genius' got it this number was 4200. Is there any way to increase the capacity? Also, if I were to buy a new replacement battery, which brand and model shall I get?

Thanks in advance

Specs:
    27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S
    Check this out first, then do this

Thread Information