New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

10.3.8 and Powerbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fasheezy

fasheezy is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD

has anybody else noticed their Powerbooks running hotter than before the 10.3.8 update? i called apple b/c my fan kept on turning on(it would NEVER turn on before the update) and they said the update included power management updates which would in turn affect how often and when my fan turned on. just wondering if anybody else is having the same "problem". this only happens when my processor speed is set to HIGHEST which is what i have it set to when it's plugged into the adapter.
QUOTE Thanks
Jason

Mine seems to run fine heat-wise, although if I log out of the laptop then put it to sleep, when I wake it back up everything freezes right after logging in.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

When I went from 10.2 to 10.3, I noticed an increase in fan operation. Supposedly, they made the change because of all the complaints Apple had recieved about heat with 12" models like mine. So Apple does do this, from time to time. It may be that this update changed things for your particular PowerBook model.

It took a little getting used to, but I don't notice it so much any more.

Incidentally, 10.3.8 seems very stable for me. I'm quite happy; I have perfect uptime since the day I installed it.
QUOTE Thanks
MissLateralus

Whats so good about the 10.3.8 update - what changes have been made compared to 5. I installed the new version but would like to know the differences if possible?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Powerbook lid question | Have iBook, G4 cube?? »