New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

What dya think of this PB offer?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MissLateralus

Hi guys,

I was going to get an ibook, but decided to settle on a PB due to better spec for multimedia purposes (audio and video).

The company I work for have a PB (M9227) in stock, which our customer cancelled last minute. As a favour our sales director offered me this machine for 975 inc VAT. It is brand new and in the warehouse untouched.

This is what I know of the spec:
15" screen
Superdrive
BT/Airport Extreme
80Gb HD
512Mb RAM

This got to us in January. Thing is how current is the spec in comparison to the current models. I know the current 15" superdrive version comes with a 1.6 Ghz processor - is this the only difference between my model and the new version or are there more differences?

Is my one BT 2.0 compliant?

Am I getting a good deal?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
MichaelSullivan

looks like that model number is for Mac OS X version 10.3 "Panther" not the machine itself. You should be looking for something like: M9676LL/A
or M9677LL/A...

the newer 15" (1.5/ 1.67GHz) are bluetooth2.0.
QUOTE Thanks
MissLateralus

Hiya, I mixed up the apple code. Anyway this is the system I might be getting:
http://www.everymac.com/systems/appl...g4_1.5_15.html
How much slower is it to the new macs in performace and is it worth the price I'm paying for it?
QUOTE Thanks
MichaelSullivan

well, I doubt you'll notice the difference between 1.5GHz and 1.67GHz. However, you will notice the difference between bluetooth 1 and 2. The one you linked to is BT1, which makes me think that its the pre-scrolling trackpad/ pre-sudden motion sensor model as well.

That said, my coworker has that exact machine and loves it. I recently opted to purchase a 1.5GHz (scrolling trackpad, SMS) model because the 1.67's pushed the prices down to for $1799 USD (apple edu discount).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 17" powerbook cache | Ibook+multimedia »