New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Refund on Recently Purchased Refurb!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

papasula

papasula is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Unibody Macbook 2,4/2GB/250GB

I just took delivery of a refurb 2.4 Macbook last Tuesday for $1299. Thought I was getting a great deal when someone mentioned something about a 14 day price protection that Apple has. I called today and (after 55 minutes on hold) spoke to a rep who let me know I would be receiving another $200 + tax refunded because the price of the refurb'd 2.4 has gone down to $1099! He also gave me the option to return it (with a restocking fee) if I was interested in buying one of the new units. No brainer for me.

Love my new unibody!

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Cameron Park, CA

Unibody 2.4
For Sale: Blackbook 2.4/250GB/4GB
QUOTE Thanks
karlcagathon

karlcagathon is on a distinguished road

Wow 1099!
Hopefully by August by the time I decide to buy my 13" they will have the new units in the Refurb store... Not that it really matters but that's a good price difference.
QUOTE Thanks
PBSD

PBSD is on a distinguished road

I bought my 2.4GHz from a guy on eBay. I negotiated with him to sell the MBP for a Buy It Now of $1550.00, using Microsoft's Cashback program, ended up only costing me $1,380.00 and the MBP is still under warranty until January '10.
Now all i need to do is purchase Apple Care by January 9th ad I;m good 'til 2012.

PacificBeach,SanDiego
QUOTE Thanks
Trolle

Trolle is on a distinguished road

That's a good deal you got since a refurbished MBP 15" 2.5 GHz cost $1,349 before the model upgrade.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« my keyboard/touchpad stopped working ? | F3, cmd+tab, and the dock all stop working at once-Major unknown bug »