New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - MacBook Pro and Built-in Battery

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TennsDog

TennsDog is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13" MBP (2009) 2.26GHz, 160GB, 2GB

I noticed that the new MBP comes with a "breakthrough" built-in battery feature. I don't currently see this as a positive thing, however. Last summer the battery in my iBook got so bad that when it was fully "charged" and plugged in, the computer worked fine. With the battery in, as soon as I unplugged the AC adapter the computer shut down. I know this is somewhat normal for any electronics battery, that is, to get worn down and not work well after a while. My concern is that this will happen to the battery of a MBP, except with it being built-in I won't be able to just buy a new battery for $40 like I did with my current iBook. Does anyone know if this is not supposed to be a problem or if Mac has a way around it or what? MBP is my top choice for buying a new computer sometime this summer, but that could be a serious drawback. I'd hate to think that the portability of a laptop would become completely shot after 3 years (that's when my iBook battery was gone).
QUOTE Thanks
TennsDog

TennsDog is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13" MBP (2009) 2.26GHz, 160GB, 2GB

Nevermind, I guess the WWDC speech addressed this issue. Apparently, the built-in battery has 3x the usable lifespan of normal ones. And hey, if I got 3 years out of my old battery, then I should get 9 out of this one...not bad.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Strange power issues after beer spill | Have not been kind to my Macbook Pro's display, am taking suggestions »