Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Buy now or buy later?
    i know now that im getting a 15' maxed out powerbook but i dont know if i should buy it now or later around august? Any ideas on pros and cons of buying now or later?

    Thanks guys

  2. #2

    inflexion's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 12, 2005
    12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
    buy now the only differnece will be that your more likely to get Tiger on it in August but apart from that i doubt that there will be any differences

  3. #3
    if you need it know then get it but if you can wait you could save because u would not need to buy tiger but if you need it buy now

  4. #4
    is tiger the only reason to buy later? Do you think the prices will drop again in the summer?


  5. #5
    I don't think they'll drop any time around summer maybe Nov-Jan?

  6. #6
    If you buy it now, you may get it by August

  7. #7
    is that true?

  8. #8

    rman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 24, 2002
    Los Angeles, California
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    He is joking. lol
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

  9. #9

    shaun89's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 09, 2004
    Kind of joking One guy on here had his mac ship in a quater of a year

  10. #10
    Buy it now. Prices might drop but I seriously doubt it, and a new generation of PBs is not likely any time soon.

    The only reason to wait would be to have Tiger preinstalled if that is important to you. If you are not sure if Tiger should be important to you then it is not.

    If you want to wait till next year then maybe something will change or prices drop, but not in the 4-5 month range.

  11. #11
    If you really need to buy it now, go on. But i would wait till around x-mas, cause u know the prices are gonna be dropping. Im gonna wait till around then, or if i can find a good deal. Last time around that part of the year, you could save between 300-500 bucks in savings.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Noob help with MacBook pro - to buy or not to buy?
    By Big Dogg in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 08:01 PM
  2. If I buy Keynote on my Mac, do I have to buy it on the iPhone?
    By rsphotocreation in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 11:47 AM
  3. Best Buy Forcing Customers To Buy Service Plan To Get An iPad 2?
    By OneMoreThing... in forum Apple Rumors and Reports
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 09:47 PM
  4. Mac Pro 8 core, to buy or not to buy help
    By JUSCUZIAM in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 05:28 PM
  5. Help me fight the relapse! Intend to buy Mac, Tempted to buy PC!
    By electronsi00 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 04:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts