New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Me Being Way Too Pickey :)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Insimbi

If you tilt your screen towards you (at just the right angle) and look above the "PowerBook G4" logo do you see light come from the screen down inside the casing?
My XP laptop is completely closed and you can't see light, but I know this is totally not a big deal - just wondered if all PB's were like this.
QUOTE Thanks
Billys95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insimbi
If you tilt your screen towards you (at just the right angle) and look above the "PowerBook G4" logo do you see light come from the screen down inside the casing?
My XP laptop is completely closed and you can't see light, but I know this is totally not a big deal - just wondered if all PB's were like this.
Just tried & mine don't seem to be like it
QUOTE Thanks
Insimbi

How about checking the top of the screen? Look upwards - see some light?
QUOTE Thanks
thermidor

thermidor will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB

Nope, not a peep.
QUOTE Thanks
Billys95

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermidor
Nope, not a peep.
Me neither
QUOTE Thanks
Insimbi

Me neither really - I had to look really hard and angle it just right. That's why it isn't a big deal I guess.
QUOTE Thanks
jessica

i do not see the light.

/giggles.
QUOTE Thanks
Steel02001

Mine does it too, its just a tiny little line of light. I doubt its a big deal or anything.
QUOTE Thanks
Insimbi

Here's another example of something I noticed. I'm scrutinizing this thing to no end

Anyone else have a slight gap here as shown in my picture?

Click here for larger
QUOTE Thanks
ryanyogan

I cant imagine what you do when you buy a new car
QUOTE Thanks
Insimbi

Hehe - that's exactly how I am
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanyogan
I cant imagine what you do when you buy a new car
That's funny! LOL!
QUOTE Thanks
iDVFH.

Insimbi im just like you so far I've found on my iBook: the Spacebar is tilted on the right side, the vent on the back of the iBook makes a clicking noise..if you take the battery out the plastic that shows in the front is easily bendible..the battery is not flush with the bottom and the plastic covering the LCD does ever so slightly bend! lolol
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New Powerbooks and OS9 | Digitech RPX400 & iBook »