New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

New 12" PB - Little Rubber Pads on Screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Insimbi

Just got my new 12" PB last week and noticed today that when the lid is closed, the left side of the screen (the little rubber pad) does not rest flat like the other side does. It's very close, but not touching. Is this normal for other PB users? Just wondered.
QUOTE Thanks
menace3054

mine are both touching
QUOTE Thanks
iDVFH.

i wouldn't worry about it. the ibook is much worse with that and it doesn't affect the screen of the locking mechanism
QUOTE Thanks
jessica

Brand new PBook here. My two pads do not touch the pbook when closed at all. Everything is even, but just not touching. I never thought twice about this. My guess is that the pads would prevent the lcd from touching the keys if pressure was applied to the top of the book when closed. Who knows. Maybe it is a defect, if so I want to know so I can have it looked at.
QUOTE Thanks
Insimbi

Yeah, it's probably not a big deal - just thought I'd mention it. Everything is even on mine as well. I just wanted to hear from other PB owners to make sure I wasn't the only one. I'm not gonna worry about it.
QUOTE Thanks
pkny

pkny is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.

my first order both feet touched.. my replacement - only one touches.. i think its the way the hinge was assembled
QUOTE Thanks
ryanyogan

Thoes lil feet are only there so that if pressure is put on the notbook the screen does not lay against the keys and to keep things a little more snug.
QUOTE Thanks
mac_noobie

This is the most picky discussion I've heard on the forum lol... I questioned small things like that too when i first got mine... My problem was my f2 key was bend at an odd angle so it stuck up a little compared to the others... so I bent it back into place with anger ( I wouldn't recommed doing this). Just go to an apple store and use the genious bar... they're great there.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ibook g4 800: i gig ram???? | internet/ethernet connection/setup »