New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Does the PB monitor bend?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NightCrawler

NightCrawler is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen

after seeing this,,, i was wondering: does the PB monitor bend as well? Or is it only the iBook?

:bone:

Quote:
- It's like - he was got - they'd just like. It was like so hush hush. They were so... quiet about it. And then the next thing you know...
QUOTE Thanks
kingcrowing2

Hmm, i've never heard of it happening, iBooks are made of polyurathane ( a type of plastic) and powerbooks are made of eithher titanium (Tibooks) or Aluminum (new ones), so i think the powerbooks are a little more durable, but anyhing can happen i guess...
QUOTE Thanks
jbsengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightCrawler
after seeing this,,, i was wondering: does the PB monitor bend as well? Or is it only the iBook?

:bone:
I highly doubt it. I've had a PB and iBOOK. And the design is completely different. Whereas the iBOOk the hinge is only a couple inches wide and puts more stress in one area the PB hinge is SEVERAL inches wide and spreads the stress out. Also the hinge on the PB is easier to move. Whereas it take ALOT more effort to open an iBOOK. And lastly, the powerbook is aluminum and the iBOOK is plastic

josh
QUOTE Thanks
meltbanana314

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcrowing2
iBooks are made of polyurathane
Quote from Apple:

"Made from ultratough polycarbonate plastic — the same high-grade material used in bulletproof glass — the iBook’s sleek white case resists impact."
QUOTE Thanks
thermidor

thermidor will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB

The Powerbook hinge on my 17" is about a foot wide, so it should be fairly sturdy. I've just given mine a test flex, to see how sturdy it is, and whilst there's a bit of give if you twist each corner, I'm fairly happy it's pretty robust.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« "Ad-Hoc" Network?? Help... | 1GB ram for 12" Powebook 1.33GHz »