Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    Need fan controller for uni MBP with windows 7
    Does anyone know of a good fan controller program for the uni MBP with windows 7 installed? I've been trying to find something but with no luck. I noticed that it gets too hot. For me to leave it like that when the fans can get boosted a lot more, makes no sense.

Specs:
    MBP 15 inch 2.4ghz Peryn 4 gig
    I don't know about the unibody but for my early 2008 mbp there really is not a good option. What you can do with smc fan control is set the default in osx and when you restart into windows it will keep the same fan setting. That is the only thing I have found that works for me.

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    Quote Originally Posted by stal1n77 View Post
    I don't know about the unibody but for my early 2008 mbp there really is not a good option. What you can do with smc fan control is set the default in osx and when you restart into windows it will keep the same fan setting. That is the only thing I have found that works for me.
    nice, I will give that a try!

Speedfan is a Windows application that works in WinXP. It should work in Win7.
    iMac G3
    600 MHz
    OS 10.3.9

Specs:
    the problem is that it can't find the fans. I seem to be getting the same problem with all the programs. Yep, I am correct, no program I have downlaoded seems to be able to sense the fans or computer temperature. wth...

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Quote Originally Posted by idrinorbarsaku View Post
    the problem is that it can't find the fans. I seem to be getting the same problem with all the programs. Yep, I am correct, no program I have downlaoded seems to be able to sense the fans or computer temperature. wth...
    Give this Windows program a try: RMClock 235 It's free. Link Note, however, this program does not control the fans but instead controls the CPU and keeps it from overheating. Read the instructions carefully.

You should NOT be using a program to ramp up your fans anyway as that will only wear them out much faster than normal. That includes using SMC Fan control in OS X or Speedfan in Windows.

Regards.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Give this Windows program a try: RMClock 235 It's free. Link Note, however, this program does not control the fans but instead controls the CPU and keeps it from overheating. Read the instructions carefully.

You should NOT be using a program to ramp up your fans anyway as that will only wear them out much faster than normal. That includes using SMC Fan control in OS X or Speedfan in Windows.

Regards.
    haha, I'd rather have a dusty fan than a melted motherboard!

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    haha, I'd rather have a dusty fan than a melted motherboard!
    You're not going to have a "melted motherboard", the machine would turn itself off well before that would happen.

Your fans are thermostatically controlled by the SMC. Using fan control programs is fine, but not necessary - and of course the more you run them (and particularly at higher speeds), the shorter their service life.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    You're not going to have a "melted motherboard", the machine would turn itself off well before that would happen.

Your fans are thermostatically controlled by the SMC. Using fan control programs is fine, but not necessary - and of course the more you run them (and particularly at higher speeds), the shorter their service life.
    looks like someone didn't clearly read my previous posts.
    yeah, when it is running osx, but windows 7 doesn't change the fan speed at all! It gets so hot that you seriously can't touch it for more than a second! There obviously isn't a controller checking the temps because it would not be that hot! it would be running the same as it does under OSX.

Specs:
    looks like someone didn't clearly read my previous posts.
    yeah, when it is running osx, but windows 7 doesn't change the fan speed at all! It gets so hot that you seriously can't touch it for more than a second! There obviously isn't a controller checking the temps because it would not be that hot! it would be running the same as it does under OSX.
    It should be EFI/SMC controlled. Perhaps it's not working because Windows 7 is still in beta and not directly supported by Boot Camp. I'd recommend running it in a VM until official driver support is released.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    It should be EFI/SMC controlled. Perhaps it's not working because Windows 7 is still in beta and not directly supported by Boot Camp. I'd recommend running it in a VM until official driver support is released.
    GOOD CALL!!!!! It's kind of worrying me that it can't sense the temperatures or the 2 fans...stupid windows...i just want to play my all time favorite game, Need for speed: Porsche Unleashed:-)

Specs:
    GOOD CALL!!!!! It's kind of worrying me that it can't sense the temperatures or the 2 fans...stupid windows...i just want to play my all time favorite game, Need for speed: Porsche Unleashed:-)
    I question the wisdom of running beta Microsoft software on any production system. I also think Apple might not be out of line in invalidating your warranty if this did cause a hardware failure.

I'd recommend putting a supported version of Windows in Boot Camp for gaming purposes. If you want to toy with Windows 7, do so in an appropriate sandboxed environment like a VM.

Specs:
    MBP17, core 2 duo 2.40GHz, 4G ram, 320GB HD, GeForce 8600M GT, OS X 10.5.7
    No problems here
    I have the latest firmware update and Windows 7 RC 32-bit and fan control is working nicely.

Thread Information