New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Not charging.... but different conditions to other complaints on here.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

splashsam88

splashsam88 is on a distinguished road

All was working fine last night as i was watching a movie on my MBP via to passing out (with movie still running), somehow during the night my charger cable has been knocked out (probally due to an erant leg whilst sleeping as the cable was somewhat on my bed at the time (not the MBP though) )

Upon discovering this in the morning i naturally put the charger back in expecting to see the light to indicate charging, now 1 hour later still no light and no repsonse from MBP. I have removed battery and re-inserted to see if that made a difference, but to no avail.

Something which may be related is liquid damage that occured to the keyboard area around the new years time (yes i was playing a bad part time DJ role until someone gave my beautiful machine a beer shower) but when taking it to the genius bar i was told that only damage to the keyboard was done and that the diagnostic tests were all showing no problems.

What would be your advice in this case?
QUOTE Thanks
lifeisabeach

lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Try a new charger cable. If that fails, then a new battery. If that fails, take it to Apple.

Or just take it to Apple.
QUOTE Thanks
splashsam88

splashsam88 is on a distinguished road

Hi thanks for the advice, but having had a look around a few of the other posts on here i thought i'd give the whole removing the battery, holding power down for 5 secs and replacing.

Somehow it has worked and now my previously drained MBP is quietly charging in my room :-)

So basically i should really close this thread!
QUOTE Thanks
lifeisabeach

lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashsam88 View Post
Hi thanks for the advice, but having had a look around a few of the other posts on here i thought i'd give the whole removing the battery, holding power down for 5 secs and replacing.

Somehow it has worked and now my previously drained MBP is quietly charging in my room :-)

So basically i should really close this thread!
That's a new one on me. Learn something new every day!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« strange noise | PCI Card? »