New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - RAM Upgrade to G.Skill 4GB - Advice needed

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

growlgrowl

growlgrowl is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2

I am thinking about upgrading my RAM from the current 2GB I have. I've had a wee scout around but thought I'd check in here (as I normally do) for some good advice.

Has anyone used a G.Skill upgrade.I'm looking at this model: 4GB G.Skill DDR2 667MHz Apple Series laptop memory kit PC2-5300 2x2GB (CL5). It'll be about 55 ($55 in the States I think).

I think I'm going down the right track here but am just looking for some confirmation!

Cheers

Gggrrrr
QUOTE Thanks
growlgrowl

Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2

I've just tried the link from the banner at the top of the MacForums screen to Crucial. They have a compatible 4Gb memory for £43. Anyone had any good or bad experiences with Crucial?

Gggrrrrr
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Umm Crucial is like one of the most reputable companies that makes RAM. It's like one of the best. >_>" Get the Crucial.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Agree, Crucial is one of the best. You can also take a look at what OWC has to offer. My understanding is they will also ship outside the US. Link

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
growlgrowl

Thanks for the repies...the Crucial it is.

Gggggrrrrr
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My mbp story (not really good experience).... | Turn it on, then it turns off »