New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

bluetooth question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

UnderOath

hey guys..

as you might know.. i have a 14" iBook G4.. 1.33, airport extreme, 768RAM, 60gb hd, all that..

BUT (and i know this is going to sound really stupid) do i have bluetooth capabilities? I dont currenty own something that i'd be able to test it on, so that's why im asking here -- is there a way to find out?

Sorry, im a complete newb to macs and bluetooth

Regards,
-Marko
QUOTE Thanks
meltbanana314

Bluetooth is *not* standard on iBooks. Unless you paid for a Bluetooth card as a build-to-order option, you don't have it.
QUOTE Thanks
UnderOath

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltbanana314
Bluetooth is *not* standard on iBooks. Unless you paid for a Bluetooth card as a build-to-order option, you don't have it.
the iBook was a gift... so is there a way to find out whether i do or not.. i wouldnt know if they checked that in the options or not..
QUOTE Thanks
nbn22385

Look in System Profiler>Hardware>USB and see if Bluetooth is listed anywhere.
QUOTE Thanks
UnderOath

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbn22385
Look in System Profiler>Hardware>USB and see if Bluetooth is listed anywhere.
dude.. that you from jdmu? nbn22385? lol i think you stalk me

-JDMARKO

and no, bluetooth isnt listed.. so guess i dont have it.. dammit
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Well you can always get a USB dongle, not quite as handy, but if you only need to sync a phone it'll work...

I think the DLink ones are the recommended model for best compatibility.

You could also try the mod that uses one of your ports to connect a usb dongle inside the iBooks case, but that is not something for the faint hearted! (OPening case, soldering wires to mainboard etc.)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« best powerbook set up | Spinning ball and RAM »