New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - 9600M GT is not visible in OS X

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

aerfally

aerfally is on a distinguished road

This is really strange. My macbook does not recognize the dedicated 9600M GT card. When I go into "about this mac", the computer detects only the 9400M card, with 256 MB of memory.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue or any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
aerfally

This is really strange. My macbook does not recognize the dedicated 9600M GT card. When I go into "about this mac", the computer detects only the 9400M card, with 256 MB of memory.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue or any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

Have you tried rebooting your MBP after choosing the 9600M in System Preferences and then seeing if it shows up? Remember, the graphics chipset is selectable.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
aerfally

Yep, I have. I have tried to reset the PRAM and the SMC (holding down shift-cntrl-optn-power).

The things is, I can switch, in energy preferences, from "better battery" to "better performance" but, when switched to better performance, the computer still does not recognize the 9600M GT. Windows cannot boot in Bootcamp because it does not recognize the graphics card, either.
QUOTE Thanks
B&O

B&O has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.

Can you see it under about this mac? (system profiler).

MacBook Pro 2.66Ghz i7. Mac Mini 2.26Ghz C2D
iPhone 3G 16GB iPad 3G 64GB
Check out my flickr
QUOTE Thanks
aerfally

No, I can't. It just shows the 9400M. Windows doesn't recognize the card either (since it just has a black screen when booting).
QUOTE Thanks
Lyinia

Lyinia is on a distinguished road

Hello, I've the same issue here and the apple hardware test return me this error :

4SNS/1/40000001: VG0C-0.000

And you ?
QUOTE Thanks
B&O

B&O has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.

It sounds like a bad macbook pro. Give apple a call and explain all that and they will no doubt sort you out.

MacBook Pro 2.66Ghz i7. Mac Mini 2.26Ghz C2D
iPhone 3G 16GB iPad 3G 64GB
Check out my flickr
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Lemon? Also, battery issues! | MacBook - HDTV sound issue. »