Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Apple Notebooks (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/)
-   -   Its proven, the titanium case holds up (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/15111-its-proven-titanium-case-holds-up.html)

MacMachine 03-01-2005 09:54 PM

Its proven, the titanium case holds up

I had my powerbook g4 2.5 sitting on my counter with the monitor open playing some music while i was getting ready and instantly it fell onto the tile floor upside down. Instantly I thought I was ordering a new screen or harddrive but I opened it up after it went to sleep instantly to protect the harddrive and not one scratch. Amazing, i'm stunned. 2 thumbs up for the amazing design and duribility the case has on this computer. I'm a powerbook man for life.

rman 03-01-2005 10:09 PM

I am happy you have better luck than me. :) Mine slid off the couch and broke the hinge on the left side. :(

It works just fine, just the screen is loose.

Maxie 03-01-2005 11:01 PM

Good job. Mine fell last week and I now have a nice lovely line across the screen. I seriously don't even want to know how much a new screen is.

rman 03-02-2005 01:47 AM

You can check PBParts to get a rough price.

Eleven 03-02-2005 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxie
Good job. Mine fell last week and I now have a nice lovely line across the screen. I seriously don't even want to know how much a new screen is.

Honnestly dude, if you can afford to buy it, you can afford to fix it...

Have you ever seen a Ferrari with a dented door?

Maxie 03-02-2005 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleven

Nope didn't buy it... it was given to me as a bonus from work.
Fixing it is not a monetary issue at all. It's just a pain.

rman... thanks for the link.

sebeck 03-02-2005 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleven

Thats not entirely true. Lots of ppl go in over their heads and buy something they can't afford. I'm not saying he did that though.

Oh and i've seen a bright yellow lamborghini Diablo in london running around with a huge dent in the side. That was pretty funny.

Murlyn 03-02-2005 01:29 PM

Hey rman I have a really great seller on eBay that I buy hinges from when I need them, incase you are interested...

rman 03-02-2005 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlyn
Hey rman I have a really great seller on eBay that I buy hinges from when I need them, incase you are interested...

Thanks, I am currently thinking about getting a new system. But I am looking at a new house first, then HDTV or new computer. If get what i want for my current house then all three. :)

coach_z 03-02-2005 02:23 PM

house market is boomin....youll probably get your price
-chris