Thread: iBook+iPod?

Micos
    iBook+iPod?
    Hi.. I bought an iBook G3 a couple of days ago to bring with me at my phototrips (i'm a freelance skateboardphotographer from sweden) and the iBook only has 20gig HDD so I was planning to use my 20gig iPod for extra storage. This works properly until it's time to eject the iPod.. when I do that the iBook gets ****ed up and I have to reboot it.. why? The iPod is formated for use with windows, may this be the problem? As far as I know it should be possible to use the iPod as an extra HDD even that it's windows formated.. does anyone know why this is happening? I use os-x jaguar..

Best Regards / Mike

Micos
    anyone? :bone:

iBook+iPod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Micos
    Hi.. I bought an iBook G3 a couple of days ago to bring with me at my phototrips (i'm a freelance skateboardphotographer from sweden) and the iBook only has 20gig HDD so I was planning to use my 20gig iPod for extra storage. This works properly until it's time to eject the iPod.. when I do that the iBook gets ****ed up and I have to reboot it.. why? The iPod is formated for use with windows, may this be the problem? As far as I know it should be possible to use the iPod as an extra HDD even that it's windows formated.. does anyone know why this is happening? I use os-x jaguar..

Best Regards / Mike
    Never experienced this problem but then my ipod is mac formatted. I would suggest reformatting the ipod as mac. Jaguar may have problems working with pc formatted disks.

ed724

iBook+iPod?
    Specs:
    Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
    I had the same problem. I would using to for imovie projects. Deselect enable disk use. download the latest version of ipod software from the apple site. Reformat it, yes that means taking all the music off. Install your music back on it, and then enable disk use. I have yet figured why it is necessary to deselect enable disc use.

iBook+iPod?
    Specs:
    iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Micos
    The iPod is formated for use with windows, may this be the problem? As far as I know it should be possible to use the iPod as an extra HDD even that it's windows formated.. does anyone know why this is happening?
    I agree, try formatting it for Mac, and make sure you have the latest iPod updater loaded.

Thread Information