New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

ibook cosmetics

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jklfafa

jklfafa is on a distinguished road

I just noticed that the ibook on the bottom and on some areas on the top looks like the white paint inside the ibook is thining...or look like black streaks

It is very noticeable, at first you think its the light, but then u notice its as if the inside is fading away and i am losing the whiteness
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Mr Bobbins has a spectacular aura about

Which model is it ? I've got a ibook G3 800mhz and it still looks great. Sounds really strange, like the paints not hardened, could you post a photo of it ?
QUOTE Thanks
jklfafa

i have the newest ibook, the paint looks like it is thinning. almost see thru it
or its turning black
QUOTE Thanks
xthisisRomancex

to my knowledge, The new iBook iisnt painted that was only on the other g3 models.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Yeah, it's white plastic...

Maybe try cleaning it? (MR clean magic eraser rocks for cleaning the iBook)
QUOTE Thanks
jklfafa

the inside looks as if it was running paint...i know its from the inside, nothing from the outside...something is going on...see black voids.. that are very smooth and big.
on the bottom i have 3 black streaks that are 4 inches in length that are as wide as 1-2mm
on the back of the screen, at the edge, it looks like every other cm is black then white
QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook G3 - You'll be missed.

Do you have any photo's ?

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Synchronizing to the web? | Using iBook as a monitor »