New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

battery problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

leestrauss

just got a brand new 17" powerbook..the first time I used it, i let the battery drain completely, and then let it 'try' to charge back up completely, but it is not charging at all...the green light at the end of the power adapter lights up as if it is charging, but the battery for some reason isn't taking the charge. the test button on the back of the battery wont do anything either. (doesnt it usually light up when you press it?)

anyways, wondering if anybody has had this happen, and if so, what was the cause, solution?

thanks,
Lee
QUOTE Thanks
PowerbookG417

well i had this problem myself..but it was amost a year after i had my 17", my solution was going to my local apple retail store where i bought it and had them order me a new battery for free
the only thing i can think of is let the battery total drain till the machine actually shuts off not going to sleep. then unplug the battery wait like 5 mins maybe...put it all back together and try to charge with the laptop off.

when mine started to go i was able to get it to charge once in a blue moon if i had it plugged in and then attached the battery either on or off...when on it would show charging when off it would show by the test lights on the bottom

best of luck to ya...worse come to worse...take it back and have them give you a new battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Pocket PC on powerbook | Airport for my powerbook »