New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Do you think this iBook is worth it?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

SuperDrive, 7200rpm hard drive, and the extra 512mb are nice but do they really justify the price....
QUOTE Thanks
jsb515

jsb515 is on a distinguished road

seems very high priced....
QUOTE Thanks
warrenbert

No way...Hard drive would cost you about $150, RAM <$40 and superdrive $150-200. Trackpad and monitor hacks are freely available on the web. Battery life is the same for all iBooks of this type. Just go get one for $999 and add what you want from there.

Oh, and the comparisons to g4 and g5 desktops are just plain ridiculous. At least 85% of the listings on eBay are priced too high, just to see if there's that "sucker" perusing the web.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Where can you find optical drives for iBooks?
QUOTE Thanks
xthisisRomancex

Quote:
This iBook features new trackpad advancements with instant scrolling capabilities. Just drag two fingers over the trackpad to scroll vertically and horizontally around any active window. This is exclusive to my iBook! Makes any USB mouse a thing-of-the-past!
This is a 100% FREE HACK.

Quote:
Increase your desktop working space utilizing an external monitor, not just mirroring! Play games, watch movies & picture slides on your separate monitor or even your TV / Projector with the optional TV adapter! Now try doing all this while doing your work with your iBook!
AND AGAIN THIS IS A NFREE HACK

Quote:
CHECK THIS! I have disabled the sleep mode when you close the lid! This means your cat or prying eyes won't disturb your computer / keyboard as you let your computer render or run operations in the securely latched closed-lid mode. Talk about a book-sized desktop that can be portable anytime! Enable 'sleep' when YOU want to manually through your OS X interface on the desktop by simply pushing the power button and enabling! Now press the same button to resume operation! Simple as this! Now, can your mac do that?
This is once again a FREE HACK. but not only that the iBook are designed to realse majority of their heat through the keyboard and if you trap all that heat in there you will melt your computer.

DO NOT WASTE YOU MONEY
QUOTE Thanks
warrenbert

This outfit installs the upgrade for you for $199. I am sure that with a little research, you can find the bare drive and install it yourself.

http://store.mcetech.com/Merchant2/m...Code=STORDVDRW

Don't pay DOUBLE to that crook on eBay!
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenbert
This outfit installs the upgrade for you for $199. I am sure that with a little research, you can find the bare drive and install it yourself.

http://store.mcetech.com/Merchant2/m...Code=STORDVDRW

Don't pay DOUBLE to that crook on eBay!
If I can plan on upgrading to a superdrive then I can buy the education model iBook which saves me $50 over a regular combo drive model. Would it be worth it? Would I be able to sell the combo drive for $50 more than a CD-ROM drive.

If I don't get the one off ebay then I won't get wiser programming technology...
QUOTE Thanks
warrenbert

Generally, used computer parts don't have much resale value. Most iBook owners already have some sort of optical drive installed, and most likely the combo drive. I'd save the $50 and then go get yourself the superdrive you want.
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

i just looked on the apple website. a 12in iBook G4 with 512MB RAM and an 80GB HDD is $1199. sounds like a rip off to me

QUOTE Thanks
titan0111

Fully loaded PB 12" is still cheaper than that guy's iBook...
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

I have a friend thatll sell me his g4 powerbook 17" 1.x ghz for $300, price includes all discs, and an ipod mini. too bad I currently dont have the money. he's willing to sell to me at such a low price cause Ive done work for him before that I havent charged for.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman
I have a friend thatll sell me his g4 powerbook 17" 1.x ghz for $300, price includes all discs, and an ipod mini. too bad I currently dont have the money. he's willing to sell to me at such a low price cause Ive done work for him before that I havent charged for.
Thats a sweet deal.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan0111
Fully loaded PB 12" is still cheaper than that guy's iBook...

Thats what I am thinking, plus you get DVI out, better video, and better CPU.
QUOTE Thanks
grapejuice12

Looks like he's sold at least two of these badboys...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5169789532
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapejuice12
Looks like he's sold at least two of these badboys...
I wonder if they are happy with their purchase...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iBook skins | Its proven, the titanium case holds up »