Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you think this iBook is worth it?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

SuperDrive, 7200rpm hard drive, and the extra 512mb are nice but do they really justify the price....

seems very high priced....

warrenbert
    No way...Hard drive would cost you about $150, RAM <$40 and superdrive $150-200. Trackpad and monitor hacks are freely available on the web. Battery life is the same for all iBooks of this type. Just go get one for $999 and add what you want from there.

Oh, and the comparisons to g4 and g5 desktops are just plain ridiculous. At least 85% of the listings on eBay are priced too high, just to see if there's that "sucker" perusing the web.

Where can you find optical drives for iBooks?

xthisisRomancex
    This iBook features new trackpad advancements with instant scrolling capabilities. Just drag two fingers over the trackpad to scroll vertically and horizontally around any active window. This is exclusive to my iBook! Makes any USB mouse a thing-of-the-past!
    This is a 100% FREE HACK.

Increase your desktop working space utilizing an external monitor, not just mirroring! Play games, watch movies & picture slides on your separate monitor or even your TV / Projector with the optional TV adapter! Now try doing all this while doing your work with your iBook!
    AND AGAIN THIS IS A NFREE HACK

CHECK THIS! I have disabled the sleep mode when you close the lid! This means your cat or prying eyes won't disturb your computer / keyboard as you let your computer render or run operations in the securely latched closed-lid mode. Talk about a book-sized desktop that can be portable anytime! Enable 'sleep' when YOU want to manually through your OS X interface on the desktop by simply pushing the power button and enabling! Now press the same button to resume operation! Simple as this! Now, can your mac do that?
    This is once again a FREE HACK. but not only that the iBook are designed to realse majority of their heat through the keyboard and if you trap all that heat in there you will melt your computer.

DO NOT WASTE YOU MONEY

warrenbert
    This outfit installs the upgrade for you for $199. I am sure that with a little research, you can find the bare drive and install it yourself.

http://store.mcetech.com/Merchant2/m...Code=STORDVDRW

Don't pay DOUBLE to that crook on eBay!

Quote Originally Posted by warrenbert
    This outfit installs the upgrade for you for $199. I am sure that with a little research, you can find the bare drive and install it yourself.

http://store.mcetech.com/Merchant2/m...Code=STORDVDRW

Don't pay DOUBLE to that crook on eBay!
    If I can plan on upgrading to a superdrive then I can buy the education model iBook which saves me $50 over a regular combo drive model. Would it be worth it? Would I be able to sell the combo drive for $50 more than a CD-ROM drive.

If I don't get the one off ebay then I won't get wiser programming technology...

warrenbert
    Generally, used computer parts don't have much resale value. Most iBook owners already have some sort of optical drive installed, and most likely the combo drive. I'd save the $50 and then go get yourself the superdrive you want.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
    i just looked on the apple website. a 12in iBook G4 with 512MB RAM and an 80GB HDD is $1199. sounds like a rip off to me

titan0111
    Fully loaded PB 12" is still cheaper than that guy's iBook...

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    I have a friend thatll sell me his g4 powerbook 17" 1.x ghz for $300, price includes all discs, and an ipod mini. too bad I currently dont have the money. he's willing to sell to me at such a low price cause Ive done work for him before that I havent charged for.

Quote Originally Posted by Macman
    I have a friend thatll sell me his g4 powerbook 17" 1.x ghz for $300, price includes all discs, and an ipod mini. too bad I currently dont have the money. he's willing to sell to me at such a low price cause Ive done work for him before that I havent charged for.
    Thats a sweet deal.

Quote Originally Posted by titan0111
    Fully loaded PB 12" is still cheaper than that guy's iBook...

Thats what I am thinking, plus you get DVI out, better video, and better CPU.

grapejuice12
    Looks like he's sold at least two of these badboys...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5169789532

Quote Originally Posted by grapejuice12
    Looks like he's sold at least two of these badboys...
    I wonder if they are happy with their purchase...

Thread Information