New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Switcher: Anyone gotten their 1GB Ram from this b4?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iPodster

Any comments? Cheapest I could find....

http://www.18004memory.com/cart/addc...4&itemTYPE=cat
QUOTE Thanks
warrenbert

I think I bought some memory from them a few years ago. You never know what brand you will be receiving. Lately, I have been shopping at Newegg, and you have a choice of various brands at great prices. They ship fast.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...155-111&depa=0

That's one example, but do a search filtering:

200-pin DDR SODIMM
1GB capacity
QUOTE Thanks
tariq

more (cheaper) places to get RAM: any good sites to buy ram?
QUOTE Thanks
IChing

I got my 1gig of memory from 18004 memory before I found the other links mentioned. New memory for my powerbook had me worried being new to mac and reading up on it so I saw some good reviews from other forums and decided. They were inexpensive, as compared to crucial, fast and got the memory shipped free at the time , haven't had any issues.
No, matter where you buy, I would suggest to get memory that has a lifetime guarantee, 1 year guarantee seems to me a little iffy at the time, why not 1 year, 1 month? New egg has a good reputation, but didn't have that price when I bought.
QUOTE Thanks
Big Mike

Big Mike is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM 1TB | MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 640GB | 16GB iPhone 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenbert

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...155-111&depa=0

That's one example, but do a search filtering:

200-pin DDR SODIMM
1GB capacity
Hello, I'm new and I just ordered a 15" Powerbook. (I don't have it yet, but FedEx will bring it to me on Wed. :mac: )I got the base model with the 512 ram and wondered if I got that 1GB module listed above, would I have to remove my 512 module, or would it fit in with it giving me 1.5GB of ram?
Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
IChing

I don't know if they gave you two 256s or one 512, hopefully its one 512. I had one 256 when I bought mine so you might luck out. 256 was not enough for photoshop cs, it did run, but with 1.25 it flys. good luck and enjoy
QUOTE Thanks
Big Mike

Big Mike is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM 1TB | MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 640GB | 16GB iPhone 3G

Thanks.

It comes standard with one 512 module, so does that mean I could buy this and have 1.5 GB? I take it that there is two slots available, and the 1GB module only takes up one slot? I'm only asking because the picture makes it look wider than I thought it was and I'm not familiar with notebook memory. Is it hard to install?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport for my powerbook | Erratic Scrolling Trackpad: PB 1.5/ 1.67 15" »