New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Should I wait?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JSEverex

JSEverex is on a distinguished road

I was recently looking at getting a refurbished macbook pro because I need to be more mobile. However the options I had were a 17 inch with DDR2 memory and a 15 inch with DDR3 (among others). Now I definetly want a 17 inch and I definetly want DDR3 since Im going to be gaming and with the newer games coming out I want to be on the cutting edge.

Now I know DDR3 doesnt fit into DDR2 slots. And Im not sure about pricing about installing a new mobo on a macbook pro... so should I wait until theres a refurbished 17in DDR3 on the apple store site? Or should I just wait till I can afford one of the new ones that came out in Februrary?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSEverex View Post
... so should I wait until theres a refurbished 17in DDR3 on the apple store site? Or should I just wait till I can afford one of the new ones that came out in Februrary?
Sounds like a personal decision! If you think that you REALLY need DDR3 & a 17" screen...then I guess you have to wait.

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« macbook keyboard issue | bluetooth headset »