New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro - Should I wait?


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
JSEverex

 
Member Since: Apr 26, 2009
Posts: 1
JSEverex is on a distinguished road

JSEverex is offline
I was recently looking at getting a refurbished macbook pro because I need to be more mobile. However the options I had were a 17 inch with DDR2 memory and a 15 inch with DDR3 (among others). Now I definetly want a 17 inch and I definetly want DDR3 since Im going to be gaming and with the newer games coming out I want to be on the cutting edge.

Now I know DDR3 doesnt fit into DDR2 slots. And Im not sure about pricing about installing a new mobo on a macbook pro... so should I wait until theres a refurbished 17in DDR3 on the apple store site? Or should I just wait till I can afford one of the new ones that came out in Februrary?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

 
pigoo3's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 20, 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 26,342
pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

pigoo3 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSEverex View Post
... so should I wait until theres a refurbished 17in DDR3 on the apple store site? Or should I just wait till I can afford one of the new ones that came out in Februrary?
Sounds like a personal decision! If you think that you REALLY need DDR3 & a 17" screen...then I guess you have to wait.

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« macbook keyboard issue | bluetooth headset »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
To wait, or not to wait? That is the question... ogacon Switcher Hangout 9 03-21-2008 01:20 PM
To wait or not to wait... ID039 Switcher Hangout 2 08-13-2007 03:04 PM
iMac; buy now or wait for the rumoured new ones? BenBateman Apple Desktops 14 08-01-2007 10:16 AM
Should I wait untill intel chips hit to switch? Abrodzinski Apple Desktops 9 02-01-2006 07:15 AM
To wait or not to wait Everett Apple Notebooks 4 12-26-2005 12:15 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?