New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Unobody 2.0 v White 2.4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dman77

Dman77 is on a distinguished road

Hi

I've just trade in my year old white 2.4 for a unibody 2.0 due to the caseing on my white Macbook cracking three times in the past year (I got a full refund and just paid the extra 96).

Have I got an 'equivalent' or will I notice a slower Macbook with the 2.0 processor? I know it has better graphics and looks better, I'd feel better though knowing I hadn't just got better looks and a slower product for my extra 96.

Also, are Apple bringing out new Macbooks in the summer when Snow Leopard is released, or will they be the same spec, but just with SL installed?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

scathe is a jewel in the roughscathe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2,4Ghz 15" unibody

as far as Snow Leopard, people can only speculate, but it is possible they will being out a new model, but that's still a few months off, if anything

as far as performance goes, you will find out yourself if it feels slower or not, overall the computer has better components and is up-to-date so it really depends on what you use the computer for, if you need the extra processor power, but keep in mind that the computer isn't only as good as the processor
QUOTE Thanks
ADKhikerVW

ADKhikerVW is a jewel in the roughADKhikerVW is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4

The new MacBook will certainly be faster. The .4 difference in processor speed is irrelevant when you consider the much superior video card, DDR3 RAM, etc. Depending on what you use it for, it should show a noticeable performance gain.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« CD Burning Problem | Choosing between the 15" and the 17" »