New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

ibook display

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

beefmank

i work at a mac store, and today i came across a junked computer with my coworkers. we parted it out, and i ended up getting a 14" ibook g4 display. i believe it is in working condition, and would like to test it.

my real question is, are there any websites, pdf documents, or diagrams explaining the connections that come from the screen? there are 4 wires total coming out. one is the airport antenna, one is a connection to the logic board that seems pretty intence, and two others, one of which supplies power...
the problem is, i dont know which one, so any documentation or help is much appreciated.

thanks in advance
-beefmank
QUOTE Thanks
beefmank

buuump?
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

i hate to sound rude, but if you work at a mac store, dont you have a genius bar that would be able to find the documentation that you are looking for?

QUOTE Thanks
beefmank

your not rude, i didnt clarify
i work at a mac reseller, not an Apple Store.
in fact, there isnt an apple store where i am at for miles and miles.
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

thanks for the clarification

QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

Still and all, even if you work for a Mac reseller, wouldn't you have access to Service Manuals, or at least have a contact within some sort of Authorized Apple Service provider?
QUOTE Thanks
code777

I don't think so as the CompUSA guy said he worked for Apple and come to find out his title is "Consultant" . According to one of the Apple Stores they say they are not truly Apple Employees but rather a CompUSA/Apple Rep who has taken a course with Apple to sell products.

is this correct beefmank??? just curious.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« CD-RW DVD Drives for iBook? | iBook+iPod? »