New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - How much battery life you get?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

aparcedoluis

aparcedoluis is an unknown at this point

How much battery life you get with the new aluminum 13" macbook, i get like 2 hours that sucks.... let me hear your opinions..
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparcedoluis View Post
How much battery life you get with the new aluminum 13" macbook, i get like 2 hours that sucks.... let me hear your opinions..
You need to explain what you're doing on your computer!

If you're playing high end games or watching DVD's...that will suck up a lot of battery power.

But if your just doing word processing & spreadsheet work...then 2 hours would not be very good.

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks
aparcedoluis

aparcedoluis is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
You need to explain what you're doing on your computer!

If you're playing high end games or watching DVD's...that will suck up a lot of battery power.

But if your just doing word processing & spreadsheet work...then 2 hours would not be very good.

- Nick
Im just chatting on microsoft messenger, surfing the web, downloading stuff, that's about it..
QUOTE Thanks
livinitup1

livinitup1 is on a distinguished road

How long have you had the Macbook? Turn off bluetooth and airport if you don't need it and turn your brightness down to the lowest setting you can use it on. Then charge your computer completely and see how much more time you get out of it.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

3-4 hrs and I'm doing digital paintings with a wacom tablet with photoshop running in the background.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Read this review and the part on the next page. That will give you a pretty good idea on what a Macbook new should be getting under different types of usage.

AnandTech: Apple's Redesigned MacBook and MacBook Pro: Thoroughly Reviewed
QUOTE Thanks
Rcynic

Rcynic is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 13" 2.0 GHZ 10.6.1

As said, turn off airport if you are not using it, and the bluetooth too. Also i suppose if you correctly close applications you are not using by Command+Q then you can conserve batt.
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

How old is the battery and more importantly have you calibrated it - see this Mac OS X 10.5 Help: Calibrating a MacBook or MacBook Pro battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I just bought my second Apple computer! | A battery issue... or not! »