New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

keyboard scratching screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jklfafa

jklfafa is on a distinguished road

does the keyboard still scratch the screen on the new ibooks?
i have been using a thin piece of foam that the ibook shipped with, and i cover the keyboard each time, it is getting annoying to have to carry it around.

do you guys still cover uyour keyboards?
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

Never heard of the problem on the iBook, only Powerbooks. A guy at my office has the problem now, in fact.

My iBook screen shows no sign of the scratching problem.
QUOTE Thanks
sebeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribiner23
Never heard of the problem on the iBook, only Powerbooks. A guy at my office has the problem now, in fact.

My iBook screen shows no sign of the scratching problem.

I've been using that Marware neoprene protector thing. I'm all paranoid about scratches. Anyone else not using one have any scratches?
QUOTE Thanks
rberry88

rberry88 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook

I use this http://www.radtech.us/Products/Noteb...eensavrz.aspx# for my PowerBook, they also have them for the iBook. Doubles as a screen cleaner.

Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.
QUOTE Thanks
xthisisRomancex

I havnt has the problem with my ibook. but a guy in my work did have the problem with his powerbook.
QUOTE Thanks
titan0111

you can also try iSkin too...
QUOTE Thanks
General_K

No scratching on my PB screen. I just kept the thin sheet of foam packed with my PB when new, and place that on the keyboard every time I close it. Not pretty, but it works.
QUOTE Thanks
MactotheMax

MactotheMax is on a distinguished road

There is no issue with my iBook keyboard scratching the screen. There is also a space between the screen and the keyboard (maybe 1/16 of inch) so the screen never closes 'ONTO' the keyboard.

No problems for me..
QUOTE Thanks
Kokopelli

A little pressure (such as in a loaded bookbag) and the gap will close though. I use the screensavrz and even then I get light marks on my 12" PB, but not scratches. Wiping the screen removes them.
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Mr Bobbins has a spectacular aura about

Never had any problems with the screen on my ibook and I have had it for over a year now and take it everywhere. Their is a good gap with the ibooks, it was only the powerbooks that suffered a problem in the past. The ibooks never have !!!
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I believe the screen touching the keyboard is more prevalent, in the powerbook line than the iBook line. The little rubber cushions on the iBook are bigger than the ones on the powerbook. In my case the tiny rubber cushions melted off, so I don't have any. Since I keep a piece of cloth between the screen and the keyboard when my system is closed, I don't have the problem. I also notice the gap between the screen and keyboard on the powerbook is smaller than on the iBook.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

I think it would also be easier to scratch teh screen on the PB because the aluminum can bend and the screen can touch the keyboard. where as the plastic iBook is really tough and not flexible as much
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Sony Ericsson GC79 | Hibernation Problem »